Blades No PTO Clutch

Hopper1

Forum Newbie
Threads
928 D PTO will not engage. When I pull the PTO, the engine dies within 5 seconds. The Switch under the seat has been removed and the wires tied together. It was working until I washed the mower and it set for a week, now the PTO will not engage. Any body have any ideas???

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you say the engine dies ... is it being overloaded and pulled down till it stalls or is it more like it is shutting off? :smile:KennyV

Hopper1

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you say the engine dies ... is it being overloaded and pulled down till it stalls or is it more like it is shutting off? :smile:KennyV

Its just dieing, not bogging down at all. The previous owner said if this happens it was probably the two wiires under the seat that he wired together when he removed the safety switch. Im not sure what to do with the two wires, there still hooked together.???

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
russ is sure to have you an answer...
he is 173abn and he not only has the same Grasshopper, but recently had to go through his wiring for a problem in his starter ckt.

Your problem will be most likely related to the seat switch (operator present switch) that ultimately keeps fuel held on to the rack...
some diesel engines use a fuel shut off system and others use a fuel held on system... either one will work, but they are wired slightly different...
so I hope russ will see this thread and tell us which of the two you have...
It is important that you allow these systems to be fully functional on your diesel powered mower... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
Hello Hopper1,are the two wires under the seat a yellow and brown and a yellow?I would hook them back to the seat safety switch.Yellow and brown goes from that switch to the brake switch.not sure why the previous owner disconneted them but start with easy first and let us know what happens...russ

rfullon

Forum Newbie
Threads
you might want to check the brake switch as well, if you engage the pto while the parking break is on it will kill the engine.