I installed an hour meter in my new Hustler Raptor

John WD

Threads
I bought the hour meter from amazon.com. Amazon.com : 576179401 Genuine OEM Husqvarna Hourmeter : Patio, Lawn & Garden

It took me about 5 minutes and it fit in the available hole perfectly. I just snapped it in. And then I plugged in the two available wires.

It is an hour meter for a Husqvqrna but it fits exactly. The hour meter cost $18.63 plus shipping.

17822152299_6aff4de408_z.jpg

Kwelhand

Threads
I've Raptor as well and now I'm using cheap E-bay hour meter.
Really like the clean look of yours and wondering how you actually installed it.
Could you show us the back connection of the hour meter?
Is it all pre-wired and plug & play or you have to be creative in order to make it work?
A little more details & wiring pic would be great to other novice Raptor owners like me.

John WD

Threads
It was real easy. Just remove the one hex bolt and lift up the dash panel. There is a slot already in the panel for the hour meter. Use a knife or razor blade to cut out the vinyl covering over the slot. Then you can snap in the hour meter. No screws required.

There are two wires with female sockets already in your mower, right beneath the dash panel. Just lift them up and plug them into your new hour meter.

I didn't have any instructions but it was simple enough I could figure it out once I looked at the hour meter and existing wiring.

Kwelhand

Threads
Thank you sir... I will give it a try and see how it turns out.:thumbsup:

Kelvininin

Threads
  • / I installed an hour meter in my new Hustler Raptor
Thanks for the info, I bought the same hour meter and should be here later this week for my Raptor.

PVHIII

Threads
Just ordered this for my mother in law's Raptor thanks for the info.

Kwelhand

Threads
I was trying to find the female connector that you were referring but couldn't find it anywhere.
Am I missing something?

photo_11434520658187.jpg

photo_21434520666629.jpg

photo_31434520670842.jpg

It was real easy. Just remove the one hex bolt and lift up the dash panel. There is a slot already in the panel for the hour meter. Use a knife or razor blade to cut out the vinyl covering over the slot. Then you can snap in the hour meter. No screws required.

There are two wires with female sockets already in your mower, right beneath the dash panel. Just lift them up and plug them into your new hour meter.

I didn't have any instructions but it was simple enough I could figure it out once I looked at the hour meter and existing wiring.

PVHIII

Threads
I was trying to find the female connector that you were referring but couldn't find it anywhere.
Am I missing something?

photo_11434520658187.jpg

photo_21434520666629.jpg

photo_31434520670842.jpg

I'm having the same problem... No wires to hook it up.

John WD

Threads
OK, I'll go out to my garage and lift the dash plate up and try to take a picture.