Walker Starter Won't kick in

RandyR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 26hp Walker with EFI. It started with a delayed start when I would turn the switch. Then it would would be after 3 attempts the 4th would start. Now my mower will not start at all. It does cycle the fuel pump but the starter will not start. I have made sure the safety switches are depressed correctly. If I cross the posts of the starter I get the whine of a bendix without the engagement of the gear. The battery is showing 12.94 volts and I am reading the same at the starter terminal. Very frustrating. Can anyone assist?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pulls the spark plugs out and see if it will turn over without compression. The whine of the bendix makes me wonder if the engine isn't hydrolocking for some reason or another.

Brian Ragan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever find a solutions I'm having the same issue myself

billybackhoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 26hp Walker with EFI. It started with a delayed start when I would turn the switch. Then it would would be after 3 attempts the 4th would start. Now my mower will not start at all. It does cycle the fuel pump but the starter will not start. I have made sure the safety switches are depressed correctly. If I cross the posts of the starter I get the whine of a bendix without the engagement of the gear. The battery is showing 12.94 volts and I am reading the same at the starter terminal. Very frustrating. Can anyone assist?

did anyone help you with this? Mine is sitting in the yard now a year, looks like a disaster to change the starter

pauly50

Threads
hi , pauly50 here the problems is the starter motor clutch , pull the blower out and replace the starter motor assy and refit the blower assy

with the [price on a new starter clutch, being what it is , better to replace the complete starter motor assy

cheers hope this helps