Looking to buy a 32" / 33" mower - any opinions?

Kevlmx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been borrowing an older 33" Troy Bilt (pre MTD) for the past few years. I really enjoy the time savings and performance but now have to buy my own mower. The yard is less than 1/2 acre with moderate hills. I can't go back to a standard push mower after being spoiled.

There do not appear to be many options especially since my budget is limited. There seems to be multiple variations of a Cub Cadet 33" sold as Craftsman, etc, a Simplicity Pacer and Billy Goat

I prefer owning the Cub Cadet brand over a Craftsman due to the fact it's sold through power equipment dealers who service the model. Im hesitant with the Cub Cadet because the electric start version has a "Cub Cadet" engine with more power than the recoil start which has a Briggs. I dont need electric start but wonder if the engine is any good.

The Simplicity seems to be very nice quality but the pricing is above me budget. I've heard many downsides for the Billy Goat as well.

Are there any other models that I'm unaware of? I wish there was a $1600 mower that was a nice blend of value and quality.

Any input is appreciated.

Kev

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LMF, Kev.

I responded to your question in the General Discussion forum above. :thumbsup:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying Pricing Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: