Brand New Super Z concern?

acfttech

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Super Z 4/2015
serial tag is dated 7/2014, nothing was disclosed to me and no additional discount offered! I just noticed it when I went back to purchase filter because just hit 9 hours! I noticed their display model has a 2/2015 sticker, I never thought I would get an older model!

did I get screwed over?

1striper1

Threads
I don't know if "screwed" is the right word but I for one would not be happy. I would call Excel Industries and give them the serial number. Ask them if if there are any changes for units produced in July 2014 vs. a unit made in say, February 2015.

Either way, I'd be asking questions and requesting some money back. IMO...you got a leftover new unit....not a current model year unit.

Jeez....especially on a a Super Z (high end Hustler) purchase....and from a dealer?

gundog

Threads
I could be mistaken but it is my understanding that the year change in models occurs in August of each year. I recently purchased a 2014 Hustler Super Z HD with the manufacture date according to the serial number indicating 11/13. I had no problem with going with the older manufacture date. as the 2014 model was the last year that the Kawasaki FX850V was offered in the Super Z HD and that was my preference in engines. As far as I can determine their has been no changes made from the 2013 model year thru the 2015 model year other than different seat color (two tone vs. solid grey) for the 2015 model and for the engine availability options. Best bet would be to check with Excel Industries to confirm the change in year models, but I would bet there is no change other than the manufacture date.

PVHIII

Threads
Older models are usually better than the new ones...don't think it's supposed to be that way... but it is.

pecan guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same experience. I bought a Super Z 6/14 and later found that it was a 2013 model with no indication from the dealer that it was a 13 model. No discount. not even a full tank of gas or first service like what I understand other dealers offer. I sure could use the suspension seat the 14s offered.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know if "screwed" is the right word but I for one would not be happy. I would call Excel Industries and give them the serial number. Ask them if if there are any changes for units produced in July 2014 vs. a unit made in say, February 2015.

Either way, I'd be asking questions and requesting some money back. IMO...you got a leftover new unit....not a current model year unit.

Jeez....especially on a a Super Z (high end Hustler) purchase....and from a dealer?

I agree, & would be talking to them about this.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unlike automobile manufacturers, most power equipment manufacturers do a 24 month production run of their models. For example, a production run that was started in the fall of 2013 as a new model, is considered to be a 2014 or 2015 model.
As with any product being considered, one must do their homework so they know exactly what they are looking at.
As an engine needs to have been manufactured and shipped to a mower manufacturer for installation, the engine code, which includes the production date, is a good indicator of when the machine was produced. Most engine codes are fairly easy to interpret.