Bronco oil drain plug

mdeckeradpro

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Bronco with a 21 horse Briggs engine. I went to change the oil and when I twisted on the drain plug, it pulled out completely. It is just a pressed in plastic piece, not threaded. I can't get the plug back it. I guess it expanded too much when it came out. Does anyone know what size that press in plug is and where I can find another?

Thanks,
Marc

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the Briggs model, type and code numbers. Never seen a pressed in drain plug on that size engine.

royrodgers

Threads
I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Bronco with a 21 horse Briggs engine. I went to change the oil and when I twisted on the drain plug, it pulled out completely. It is just a pressed in plastic piece, not threaded. I can't get the plug back it. I guess it expanded too much when it came out. Does anyone know what size that press in plug is and where I can find another?

Thanks,
Marc

I have a Troy-Bilt mower, the next size up, and the same thing happened to me last year. I think that you will find that the part that plastic thing presses into is still in the block and IT does have threads. I ordered another plastic drain plug off of Ebay, but before it arrived I discovered that a 3/8 hex head brass pipe plug will screw right in and work even better for me.

Good Luck,

Roy

logan01

Threads
I have a Troy-Bilt mower, the next size up, and the same thing happened to me last year. I think that you will find that the part that plastic thing presses into is still in the block and IT does have threads. I ordered another plastic drain plug off of Ebay, but before it arrived I discovered that a 3/8 hex head brass pipe plug will screw right in and work even better for me.

Good Luck,

Roy

If that's the case and room permits, you can install a length of pipe male thread to block / female on plug end, and a plug to make the oil change easier and less messy.