Help cannot engage PTO.

profo1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I have a white ztt-2150. Yesterday while mowing my grass I noticed my water hose to late and sure enough got it hung in the blades. The blades shut down and I immediately turned off the mower and cut the water hose from underneath the deck. The hose is now free and blades are rotating freely. The belt is in tack and turning as well. So I went to turn back on the mower and nothing. The PTO indicator light on my dash stays light as I turn the key as if the PTO is engaged. I have looked over everything and cannot find anything missing. I called white and they thought sending me diagrams would be helpful...

Also when I pull and push the electric PTO I can hear a loud clicking sound as if it is trying to signal the PTO to turn on and off. Also when I pull the PTO to the engage position, I can hear the mower click the PTO off when I pull to reverse or get off the seat. It sounds like the mower is trying to signal the PTO but I am not getting a reading that the PTO is off because I cannot start the mower. Could a $25 dollar shrink hose have ruined my PTO? Is my mower stuck in some safety feature?

Thanks for responses.

Here is to hoping I get this fixed before my lawn turns into a jungle.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all, I have a white ztt-2150. Yesterday while mowing my grass I noticed my water hose to late and sure enough got it hung in the blades. The blades shut down and I immediately turned off the mower and cut the water hose from underneath the deck. The hose is now free and blades are rotating freely. The belt is in tack and turning as well. So I went to turn back on the mower and nothing. The PTO indicator light on my dash stays light as I turn the key as if the PTO is engaged. I have looked over everything and cannot find anything missing. I called white and they thought sending me diagrams would be helpful...

Also when I pull and push the electric PTO I can hear a loud clicking sound as if it is trying to signal the PTO to turn on and off. Also when I pull the PTO to the engage position, I can hear the mower click the PTO off when I pull to reverse or get off the seat. It sounds like the mower is trying to signal the PTO but I am not getting a reading that the PTO is off because I cannot start the mower. Could a $25 dollar shrink hose have ruined my PTO? Is my mower stuck in some safety feature?

Thanks for responses.

Here is to hoping I get this fixed before my lawn turns into a jungle.

I think it is some safety feature.
Here is my wild idea.

Unhook the positive battery cable and then put it back.
I thinking that something hung up in the logic (whatever you call it) board when you cut it off PTO engaged.

profo1

Forum Newbie
Threads
That was a nice idea but still nothing changed. I decided to make a video, maybe that can help someone identify what may be going on here. Thanks for the responses!

http://youtu.be/455BwzrP7kk

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mower thinks the pto is engaged. I would start looking at relays if there are any. Maybe something goofy with the pto switch itself.

Rokon

Threads
Check the air gap on the PTO. It's possible the intense heat buildup from the hose incident threw the air gap off. To the point that it's no longer getting a solid 'bite' when the PTO is switched on.