Looking to buy a new rider

Buneta

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy a new rider, have a 1 acre up hill yard. Which is better automatic or manual? Looking for something will good reviews & is reliable. What would you reccommend?

dnjsyl

Threads
i would recommend a manual tranny if you r going to go up hills a bit

indypower

Threads
And make sure you get 1 that has a pressure lube engine.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looking to buy a new rider, have a 1 acre up hill yard. Which is better automatic or manual? Looking for something will good reviews & is reliable. What would you reccommend?

I think it depends on how much money you're willing to spend. My personal preference would be the manual transmission and I also prefer a wide area walk behind mower for hills and slopes over the rider.

bradcash

Threads
For 15 yrs I have used a 46" at home and a 42" at work. The 46" can reach under bushes much better and you can set the extra width, in my case, on railroad tie edges that you don't know the stability. Also 46 can reach under fences. I think probably 42s outsell 46s maybe 5 to one but the 46 is better.

stanley

Threads
A manual with good tires. If you want something that will last, be prepare to spend at least a grand. I would go with the most popular brand on the market.