I have a yardmaster weed wacker thats running good but has no cutting power

morales_marcos

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I have a yardmaster weed wacker thats running good but has no cutting power
What I did whas add a heavy duty blade cutter and i think it was too heavy. When I replaced the original trimmer i noticed it would not turn/spin with the power it used to have. When it hits the grass it stops turning as if the power is not there no more. Need help maybe something in the shaft is broken. I tried to remove the lower end and i was afraid to undo the bolt thats down in there. Any advise as to replace or repair would be greatly appreciated.

Oddball

Threads
Hi Marcos, and welcome to the forum. It sounds like maybe the new blade attachment is too heavy for the motor. Have you tried putting the trimmer head back on and testing it? If the trimmer head works as it always has, then I'd say the motor just doesn't have the torque necessary to turn the new blade/cutter head.

morales_marcos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey thanks for responding so quickly. I took the shaft off. And odly enough the drive shaft was all torn up. I need a drive shaft but cant find the part online anywhere. its a ZR700R mtd yardmaster.

Oddball

Threads
Hmm, I searched for the part by model number on MTD's website and they say no such model # found. I'm thinking you may have to take it to an MTD dealer and see if they can figure our what to order.