Jacobsen commercial 20

need2boat

Forum Newbie
Threads
new member, Hi to fellow owners.

I'm in south Jersey and looking for some help with my Jacobsen commercial 20 SN: 32033 22320

I'm 46 and this mower has been with my family before I was born. It doesn't see a lot of use at my parents current location and it's stopped running. I've check things over a bit and it's not getting spark. I pulled the to off and removed the flywheel? but I'm guessing I need some type of puller to get under it to check out the electronics. I'm not looking to get heavily invested in the mower but I'm fairly mechanical and figured I should give it shot before sending it off to CL.

Any help is welcome thanks in advance

Joe

P5100002.jpgP5100006.jpgP5100008.jpg

Parkmower

Threads
That's s sweet mower!
Seriously, don't let that one go.
Try a new plug.

need2boat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can try a new plug but I tested it for spark and it just doesn't seem to be getting any. I'd like to pull off the fly wheel but just wasn't sure the best way to get a puller under the edges. i can take a few pics if need be.

Is there any online sources for a manual .

thanks
Joe

Parkmower

Threads
This is how I've removed flywheels, some swear against it but it had worked for me many times.
Loosen the nut til it is just even with the end of the threaded rod. Take a large flat head screwdriver and gently insert under flywheel. Pry up on the flywheel with light to moderate pressure while you take a hammer and give the nut a good solid straight whack. It usually pops the flywheel off. Your not trying to pry it off just applying enough pressure that the impact from the hammer breaks it free.

need2boat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll give it a go. I can understand why some might be worried but I'm got enough experience to not over do it with a pry bar. Any idea who made the engines for this model. I did find a tag on it that has a engine number 8D 501272

thanks

Joe