mower wont hold a charge

mist1950

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a 23 hp exmark lazer z ct. It works great when it works. I have bought a new battery as i thought my battery was bad due to it not starting this season. The mower worked great after i changed the battery but when i went to use it the next time the mower would not start so i put the charger on it and it started. So i now have to put a charger on the mower each time i need to use it as the battery is not holding a charge. I'm not sure what to check or where to check as I'm not very tech savvy unless i know what to check when it comes to mowers. I can do the basic but i can fix things if i know what the problem is and where to look or what to look for. Need help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start with the battery, charge it disconnected for a week then see what it is like.
If you have a volt meter, check the battery terminals with the engine running flat out it should be reading 13 to 14 Volts.
If it rads the same voltage with the mower running as with the mower not running then you have a charging problem.

You can trace all of the wires but it will b a lot easier if you post the engine numbers and the mower numbers so those with the right access privaledges can get you or direct you to the correct service information.