Husky YTH22V46 or Cub Cadet XT1LT46

resistfate

Forum Newbie
Threads
both will wind up being the same price, the husky from lowes and the Cadet from tractor supply, both for about $1750 out the door. They appear to have similar specs, the cub cadet has 5 year chassi/axle and 3 year power train warranty and an app that tracks maintenance and syncs with the tractor via blue tooth. I dont know much about the Husky and cant find any warranty info other than "3 Year". I lean towards the Cub because of the warranty and app (this will be my first riding mower and I dont know anything about maintaining them), but the general consensus I get from people is that the Husky with a B&S engine will be an all around superior product. they are both 22hp with 46in decks. I will be mowing 3 flat acres without many obstacles. My primary concern is durability, I want it to last for years and be able to find replacement parts when they are needed.

thanks for the help

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
both will wind up being the same price, the husky from lowes and the Cadet from tractor supply, both for about $1750 out the door. They appear to have similar specs, the cub cadet has 5 year chassi/axle and 3 year power train warranty and an app that tracks maintenance and syncs with the tractor via blue tooth. I dont know much about the Husky and cant find any warranty info other than "3 Year". I lean towards the Cub because of the warranty and app (this will be my first riding mower and I dont know anything about maintaining them), but the general consensus I get from people is that the Husky with a B&S engine will be an all around superior product. they are both 22hp with 46in decks. I will be mowing 3 flat acres without many obstacles. My primary concern is durability, I want it to last for years and be able to find replacement parts when they are needed.

thanks for the help

I would go with a ztr mower for mowing 3 flat acres. It will be much faster, more fun, and a good one will last you 20 years without much trouble. However, if you are only interested in a lt then pick the one you like best. Be warned there aren't many on this site who think much of a lawn tractor priced under $2k.

resistfate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I cant really justify much more than im paying now to get a zt. Is there something else you suggest in this price range? I could go a little higher if it will result in a better product.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I cant really justify much more than im paying now to get a zt. Is there something else you suggest in this price range? I could go a little higher if it will result in a better product.

A used ztr mower. :laughing: you should go with what you like. You already know what you are looking for. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who bash lawn tractors. I had a cheap 42" Scott's built by jd I bought from Home Depot in 2002 and kept it for 10 years before selling it to get my current ztr mower. I had about an acre of lawn. My neighbor purchased it and it is still going. He uses it and another lawn tractor to mow a lawn about the size of yours. I did have to weld the deck in a couple of places, but it cut level. 3 acres is a lot to mow with a 46" lawn tractor. You would be looking at 4 to 5 hours of mow time at least. I purchased a home closer to where I work and now mow a little over 4 acres with numerous trees and obstacles with a commercial 48" ztr mower now. It takes me just over 2 hours. The person I bought my house from mowed the property with a cub cadet tractor. She said it took her all day to mow the lawn. You know what your budget is, so you should stick to it. However, have you ever considered financing a new ztr mower? Most brands offer 0% for 48 months. If not then a used commercial ztr may also be worth looking into. You should be able to get a good quality used ztr mower in the $2k price range.

resistfate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ill would finance before I bought used, Ill start looking into that, I don't want to spend 5 hours mowing lol. thanks for the replies

chobbs1957

Threads
I think you'd be happy with either one. Check on availability from an independent dealer with a service department, as they are usually more competitive with a box store than you think.

The longer warranty would tempt me toward the Cub, though I like Husqvarna Orange better! Keep the oil and oil filter changed every 25 hours, change air filter and grease every 50.

I used to mow 2.85 acres with 30" Snappers, started with an 8 hp and moved to a 12, growing up at home, circa 1967-1979. It took six long hours, and you couldn't change the oil frequently enough in dust south Georgia conditions.

Sent from my iPad using LMF

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ill would finance before I bought used, Ill start looking into that, I don't want to spend 5 hours mowing lol. thanks for the replies

There are plenty of good ztr mowers out there. A low end ztr mower will run around $3k. If I were in your shoes I would check and see what is available in your area such as Hustler, toro, scag, husqvarna, snapper pro, ferris, exmark, etc. I would look at a model with a 48" fabricated deck and zt2800 or zt3100 hydros. A mower like that will last you for 20 years if properly taken care of. The models in that range should run between $4k and $5k and could handle your lawn in under 2 hours. I would go with a brand that offers financing at 0% interest for 48 months. It will cost a little less than $100 a month. I did that with my snapper pro and paid it off in two years.

txzrider2

Threads
I would go with a ztr mower for mowing 3 flat acres. It will be much faster, more fun, and a good one will last you 20 years without much trouble. However, if you are only interested in a lt then pick the one you like best. Be warned there aren't many on this site who think much of a lawn tractor priced under $2k.

ZT's are all about obstacles... 3 acres flat is one thing... 3 flat acres with trees and other things is a whole different thing. The ZT will shine and pay you back in time savings! My 1st ZT (snapper ) lasted 17 years... 15 years before i had to replace the blade belt ! My Lowes has a husky ZT with a 50 inch deck for under 3k... but I would side with the others that you want a better deck especially if longevity is the goal. Fyi for the record when I bought my 1st ZT, my wife was firmly against it as it cost double what her brother had spent on a 42 inch decked mower... she forbid me from buying it... I bought it and 2 weeks later after seeing how well it did vs her brothers... she told me it was the best purchase I had ever made.