Hustler Fastrak

Ltmt

Threads
A couple of weeks ago I posted about my 07 Hustler not wanting to start and then when it did it would die like it ran out of gas. I changed out all the fuel lines and put a new fuel pump on it. It ran just fine for about 2and a 1/2 hours twice while I mowed.

Yesterday I did all my maintenance work on it and got ready to mow the yard. The Kohler Command 17 would turn over but not once did it even attempt to start. I also noticed that there was raw gas being blown out one of the joints for the exhaust pipe. It motor has a new spark plug with only about 10 hrs. on it.

I pulled the spark plug and attempted to see if I could see it sparking. I did not see anything like a spark jumping across the plug. Is there some other way that I can check to see if I am getting a spark? Does anybody have any ideas what is wrong with my Hustler?

Any help would sure be appreciated as we are forecast for rain here for the next few days.

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get an inline spark tester.
looks like an extension for the spark plug wire with a festoon globe in the middle ( Zeon flash tube ).
It will glow bright orange when the mower generates a spark.
Should be one in every ones tool kit.

If you saw raw fuel coming from the exhaust there is a good chance the float is stuck on the carb and has allowed fuel to flow into the cylinder and out the exhaust.
If the motor was very hard to turn over there is also a good chance that you may have damaged the head gasket or rings.

When you order the in line spark plug tester also get an in line fuel tap and install is somewhere up stream of the fuel filter so when you have finished mowing you can turn the fuel off.
Also means you can change the fuel filter and wirk on the carb without having a fuel bath, much more civilised for all of about $ 3.00