Riding Mower just died.

Luvrij

Forum Newbie
Threads
My father has a Husqvarna LTH1542. He had been mowing for about 5 minutes and it just died. We're pretty much lost but have tried a couple things. It will turn over. Changed air and gas filter. Put in new plug and it does fire. We don't know much about the seat sensor but went ahead and tried to "jump" the connections. NO luck there. Put Stabil on tank. Sprayed starter fluid in carb, it will run just for a second. I guess that's about it. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it starts using starter fluid, you have found your problem... not getting fuel...
your problem is definitely fuel related...

First place to check is the fuel shut off solenoid, at the bottom of the carb bowl... there is a wire attached to it... when you turn on the key you should hear it click... if it does not click.. it's likely bad... check that the wire is actually getting 12 volts with the key on... if there is not 12 volts go up stream from that point and find where you are loosing the voltage.... here is a schematic... Parts and Diagrams for Husqvarna LTH 1542 (96013000900) (2005-10)
Please post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

BTW... Welcome to LMF

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

Luvrij

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and also the schematic (Kenny). I think my father has decided to throw in the towel and take it to a repair shop. I'll ask him to tell the shop to give for a detailed description of what they repair (or am I being naive?). I will post everything I find out to help the next guy. Cheers guys....:thumbsup:

Luvrij

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, the follow up. Sorry for the delay. Craziest thing, again my dad replaced the seat sensor and filter then tried to start it a few more times then loading it on the trailer. We get to the repair shop, unload it and the guy comes over to ask the normal questions. Are you ready:confused2:...he sits on it and cranks it...and yes, it starts right up! After the laughing and head scratching was over, he mentioned it could have been something clogged in the fuel line. It's been working fine ever since. I don't know if this helps or not but I do want to mention again that this is a great site with very helpful kind members. I'm going to mention it to everyone who needs help. Thanks again folks.

Trcustoms719

Threads
OK, the follow up. Sorry for the delay. Craziest thing, again my dad replaced the seat sensor and filter then tried to start it a few more times then loading it on the trailer. We get to the repair shop, unload it and the guy comes over to ask the normal questions. Are you ready:confused2:...he sits on it and cranks it...and yes, it starts right up! After the laughing and head scratching was over, he mentioned it could have been something clogged in the fuel line. It's been working fine ever since. I don't know if this helps or not but I do want to mention again that this is a great site with very helpful kind members. I'm going to mention it to everyone who needs help. Thanks again folks.

The best fixe's are the ones that don't need fixing!!
Well done! lol