Repairs !986 Ford YT16H voltage regulator

randy8008

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have determined that my charging system on this LT is defective. My stator appears to be pushing out 35VAC.
My voltage regulator shows dc output to be about 1.2 vdc.

What else do I need to consider? AND, if I do need a regulator, where can I find one? New Holland does not appear to have this
particular part as I cannot find it on their parts site.

Randy

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Randy, Have you tried to find the factory manual. Hopefully , with electrical t shoot tips and values. Do you know about TractoByNet which caters to compact and bigger tractors?

boatmoter

Threads
I have determined that my charging system on this LT is defective. My stator appears to be pushing out 35VAC.

What else do I need to consider? AND, if I do need a regulator, where can I find one? New Holland does not appear to have this

Randy
if you cannot find one,all it is is 2 heavy duty diodes that hook to both wires from stator and the other end you can hook to ignition at ignition switch that's hot only when key is on. all they do is convert the AC to DC the Stator will charge the same as if it had the OE regulator which is more RPM,more charge. if it was mine I would rather have the original regulator instead of adding the diodes

boatmoter

Threads

Randy
use this Regulator > forget about the L,(idiot light) >> you have > ignition - Batt - & 2 wires for Stator to hook up. link below.

Attachments

• REGULATOR.jpg
    REGULATOR.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What he said but remember that the body of this rectifier regulator is the ground connection so it must be bolted onto a good ground .
If you fit it to the body run some wires from the engine ( best ground for altinator ) to the mounting bolts and make sure they are 20A wires minimum .