Stupid question

JimmyWeb

Threads
I have a question that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. Does anyone know how to tell if a tree is dry-rotting? I just became a first time land owner last week and I've noticed a few dead trees on my land, I'd like to know how long I have before I get them removed.

ReggieDeere

Threads
Dry-rot is a fungal disease, but I can't really explain to you how to spot it. My advice to you is, get those trees down ASAP! Especially if they near your house or your shed.:smile:

mystreba

Threads
If you've just moved in, it might be worthwhile to hire an arborist to come assess your lot and give some advice about tree care and removal. I did this when I first moved in. Heck, I didn't even know what kind of trees I had, so it was worth the $200 just to find that out!

Helper

Threads
As my teacher in grade school always tell me, ask a question and be stupid once or never ask a question and be stupid forever. I guess there is no stupid question at all.

I would follow what the other have suggested. If you don't know how to treat the trees then better hire someone who knows how to do it.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe there IS such a thing as a stupid question -- If the answer was just given, but you weren't listening. :rolleyes: Otherwise... Best to admit you don't know and ask someone who should know ! Get some advice or just take down the ones that are dead and could fall on something important.
As my teacher in grade school always tell me, ask a question and be stupid once or never ask a question and be stupid forever. I guess there is no stupid question at all.