Husquvarna Ytm 22-42 starting problem

Carheir

Threads
Only have a little over 50 hrs on this mower. Just changed the oil, new plugs, gas filter. Lately every time I go to start it, I end up having to spray starting fluid in the carb just to get it started. If I don't, I end up running the battery near down and can't figure out what is wrong. Once I spray the starting fluid in the carb, it fires right up and starts. Once it starts and runs a little, I don't have any problems starting it. For the record, I only start it once a week or so, depending on whether it is time to cut grass or not.

Any ideas?

Carheir

Threads
Only have a little over 50 hrs on this mower. Just changed the oil, new plugs, gas filter. Lately every time I go to start it, I end up having to spray starting fluid in the carb just to get it started. If I don't, I end up running the battery near down and can't figure out what is wrong. Once I spray the starting fluid in the carb, it fires right up and starts. Once it starts and runs a little, I don't have any problems starting it. For the record, I only start it once a week or so, depending on whether it is time to cut grass or not.

Any ideas?

WOW ! 122 views and not a single comment. Guess I came to the wrong

place seeking help..

Mikel1

Threads
Choke working properly?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Currently around 60 differen brands of mowers on the market.
Previously near 100.
Add a dozen or more different models within each brand and it is not beyond understanding that over 1000 could have looked at your post and have no idea about your mower.
Add to that not many would have realized you made a typo and have a YTH 2242
This in turn could be a YTH22V42 or a YTM22K42 depending upon which engine you have in your mower

Now if you want instant reasponses try mylawnmoer forum and at lest 20 people will instantly reply to your post.
None of them will say anything other than Howdy & glad to hear from you but it will at least appease your impatience.

OTOH if you want people on this excellent site to help you start with your mowers model number ACCURATELY transcribed from the compliance plate then followed by the engine details ACCURATELY transcribed from your engines compliance plate and then try checking you have done it right and not made a typo before you hit the send button.

Mike has most likely got it correct .
Good chance the anchor plate that clamps the outer cable has loosened off just enough so that the choke is not activated when the throttle is fully opened.

But I would not know because I have never worked on a YTM2242 so this is just a guess.

Oh and Howdie Doodie, Glad to have you on board.:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
XI, sometimes post get buried in the shuffle and get missed. Sometimes the techs like myself will look at a post and think there are a lot of variables here, so I will just let it sit a while and give time for other people to chime in and then put in my input.

What get us quick is when somebody says My post has had this many views but no responses make us snappy, and then we don't like to help.

Maybe if something gets lost in the shuffle, the OP could just bump his post back up, and say something along of "I hope this just got missed"

mowerloser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same exact problem with my Husqvarna Ytm 22-42 riding mower. Did you ever find a fix for this problem? If so can you please let me know?

ingigo

Threads
You must provide at least what kind of engine you are referring to for the starting issues. I have noticed different brands of engines like a leaner or richer mixture when starting. The battery is interesting though. If the engine is not providing enough charge to refill the battery, depending on the voltage, you will have few to no tries to start that engine. Also of course make sure the battery is not bleeding energy into something while idle. I have a large battery and a battery gauge on my mower and in 2-3 days it is at 50% charge. It has an auto choke that works great, but my previous one with a Briggs n stratton evolved to have constant choke and throttle input. They key with starting fluid and just starting is knowing the engine as that is the problem, not the mower. Thanks for visiting!