Raptor SD blades won't engage

kraky

Threads
Wow.... I haven't got a clue what hydrolocked would mean.....this is a Kawasaki engine?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Neither oil nor fuel can be compressed very much so when the piston tries to force 2 cu" into 0.01 cu" it stops dead and the engine is hydraulically locked.

Before they pick up the mower quickly check the dip stick.
Sounds more like they forgot to replace the oil before they sent it back to me

KenV

Threads
It is a Kawasaki. I checked the oil before mowing a few days ago and it was fine. After the engine stopped I checked and it was good. When I was mowing there was a distinct noise and a puff of blue smoke. At that point I rode it back to the garage. Checked the oil, etc. and restarted the engine to see if it was still smoking. Then the engine froze.

I'm really hoping I can contact someone from Hustler. The more I think about it the more I believe the dealer is the source of the problem. Plus, I don't know what further damage is being done. At this point the entire engine is suspect along with anything else on the mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
kawakasi push rods are really thin and bend real easy but that usually would not cause and engine to sieze
However one falling into the engine could and do a reasonable amount of damage to boot.

Right now, start journaling everything exactly as you can remember, dates, time and in particular operating hours.
What was said to you what you said to them.
Start emailing the dealer rather than phoning so you have a written record of what is said & done.

There are way to many shonks out there who just take the mower out of the box, fill it with oil then deliver in place of doing a proper predelivery.
They make it hard for the honest hard working ones who do things properly and push customers towards cheaper on line & big box stores.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's not the dealer. It's the Kawasaki engine. I had three of them do this under 200 hours. Toro worked with me and put a Kohler on it.
You don't see it much on this forum but on others it's almost every day. A Kawasaki blowing blue smoke.