Honda HRS216 finally fixed

sean'sengines

Threads
Well, I'm new, but I thought that I'd share this with you all.

I bought a Honda HRS216 last year for $50!!! Yeah I know, it was a great deal. It is not self propelled, but it does have the transmission, all it needs is a cable set, belt, and gears to bolt onto the axle and then mesh with the rear wheels. I'll find the parts eventually. Anyway, I put it away for the winter, something happened, and it wouldn't start this spring. I was trouble shooting. Cleaned the carb bowl, rebuilt the carb bowl, adjusted the finicky choke, new gas, spark plug, wire wheeled the ignition coil (no spark) no has WICKED STRONG spark. So, it still wouldn't start. Well, the other day, I noticed that the OHC cover was dented in. I took it off, and sure enough, the dent was holding the exhaust valve open the whole time so it had no compression. I took it off, took a screw drive butt end and a hammer, and tapped out the dent. Now it runs like a champ. :D

BTW, does anyone else notice how hard these carbs are to work on? They are so tight to work on in there. I'm used to B&S and Tecumseh I guess.