07 Hustler Fastrak

Ltmt

Threads
Earlier posted about my Fastrak running for about 30 min. and then dying. When it would die I would look at the fuel filter and it would be empty. Replaced the fuel pump and it ran for about an hour on two different occasions before doing the same thing. Just replaced all the fuel lines and it started right up and ran for 2 1/2 hrs. while I mowed. Turned it off to finish with the rest of the yard work and when I went back to start it; nothing! This time though the filter had gas in it. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Mikel1

Threads
What do you mean by nothing?
How long before it will start back up?

Ltmt

Threads
What do you mean by nothing?
How long before it will start back up?

It just turns over, but never even tries to catch. It had been sitting for at least an hour and was cooled off from running all that time when I tried to restart it. The thing that bugs me is that now there is fuel in the filter were before it would be empty. Since then I haven't had time to even think about trying to start it again or even look at it to see if the fuel was sucked back out of the filter.

One thing I did notice when I was trying to restart it was when I stopped trying to start the motor I could hear air being sucked into the gas tank that I was drawing from. I checked the vent on the cap and it seems to be functioning.

Mikel1

Threads
I take by not catching that you meant not starting up. I would start by pulling the fuel hose from the carb into a suitable container when it happens and checking the flow of fuel. If that is good then trying spraying some starting fluid into the carb. This is a good starting point

Ltmt

Threads
Tried starting the ole Fastrack last night. It fired right up and ran like a top. Even switched over the tanks and it kept right on running. Going to keep my finger crossed and see what happens.

Ltmt

Threads
Got the spark tester and found that everything was good there. Finally just dumped some gas in the carb. And then it fired right off. Broke down and put another new carb on. Again it fired right off and ran for 2.5 hrs. While I mowed. Turned it off for an hour and tried it again. Fired right off again. Maybe it is fixed. We shall see.

Ltmt

Threads
Earlier posted about my Fastrak running for about 30 min. and then dying. When it would die I would look at the fuel filter and it would be empty. Replaced the fuel pump and it ran for about an hour on two different occasions before doing the same thing. Just replaced all the fuel lines and it started right up and ran for 2 1/2 hrs. while I mowed. Turned it off to finish with the rest of the yard work and when I went back to start it; nothing! This time though the filter had gas in it. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Sorry I never got back on this problem but I watched a video on Youtube where a guy was replacing the coil on his Kohler motor. The first thing he said was to try disconnecting the white wire that runs to the coil. I tried this and the motor has been running like a top every since. I believe the problem originates in the ignition switch. I haven't replaced the switch yet but I am just that all is well in the lawn mower world right now.