Weed Eater GTi 17T

FPMotorsports

Threads
Hello guys, new to the forum. Just a fellow hobbyist and I just began working on lawn and garden equipment.

I have gotten a weed eater that will not start. I was wondering if yall had any recommendations on what to check next, heres what ive concluded..

1. good compression (it seems)
2. Carburetor setting seem correct
3. Changed the fuel lines (they were gone when i get it)
4. New plug gapped .025
5. New correctly mixed fuel

But it wont start, any ideas? I did take a short clip of me pulling the recoil, just not sure where to upload it. perhaps i can just email it if anyone would like to see it!

Looking for the next step of troubleshooting an issue such as this!

Thanks,

Mikel1

Threads
Have you tried putting a little fuel in the cylinder then cranking?
What is good compression it seems? A compression tester is very handy to have when working on ope.

FPMotorsports

Threads
Ill try some fuel direct into the cylinder this evening.

It SOUNDS like and FEELS like good compression when pulling the recoil.

Any recommendations on a good OPE compression tester?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
FP, If it is a 2 stroker it is a little different . If not familiar suggest check out past threads this forum.

FPMotorsports

Threads
I'm not 100% sure I follow motoman. I have went through all the pages in this particular section of the forum and have found nothing about a compression tester. Yes this model is a two stroke. Can you be more specific please?

Thanks

Mikel1

Threads
Any recommendations on a good OPE compression tester?

Most compression testers out there will work fine. I just wouldn't buy the cheapest out there.

I believe motoman is referring to the cc pressure but not sure.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello guys, new to the forum. Just a fellow hobbyist and I just began working on lawn and garden equipment.

I have gotten a weed eater that will not start. I was wondering if yall had any recommendations on what to check next, heres what ive concluded..

1. good compression (it seems)
2. Carburetor setting seem correct
3. Changed the fuel lines (they were gone when i get it)
4. New plug gapped .025
5. New correctly mixed fuel

But it wont start, any ideas? I did take a short clip of me pulling the recoil, just not sure where to upload it. perhaps i can just email it if anyone would like to see it!

Looking for the next step of troubleshooting an issue such as this!

Thanks,

1)Fuel lines hooked up wrong
2)How are you priming it?
3)Will it run if you put a few drops of fuel in the carb?
4)Is it firing?

My first guess is that #1 is the problem.

FPMotorsports

Threads
1)Fuel lines hooked up wrong
2)How are you priming it?
3)Will it run if you put a few drops of fuel in the carb?
4)Is it firing?

1. I did change them and they had been changed in the past. Perhaps I just matched them up incorrectly, how can I verify?
2. Primer bulb is full, primed 6 timesish +
3. Have yet to put fuel direct into carb will try tonight
4. It has spark for sure, gapped correctly .025 new plug. Not flooded.

Appreciate all the assistance guys, seriously.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mike1, yes the crankcase sealing and compression. There are several guys on the forum who work on 2 strokers. It's not enough if the compression stroke has good compression. The crankcase is a kind of charge pump. Recently it was Berts, I think, who went through this. I am not qualified to say what readings to look for at the crankcase, but the seals (gaskets) must not leak or the engine cannot run. Some small engine parts suppliers sell the dual compression test guages which are nothing more than two guages and check valves, if I remember. Probably not necessay to buy these. Perhaps someone will chime in.

FPMotorsports

Threads
I appreciate all the help folks! As soon as I get a spare moment to sneak back into the shop i am going to give some of these a try!

Ill keep yall posted.