TORO Riding Mower 8-32 Clutch Problem

NewToro8-32Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Awe , gees Rick.
Now you have done it.
Can't get my swole head through the workshop door :ashamed:
Glad you are back in the seat and I have one more solution to a problem I have not come across, yet, in the back of the head.

I also must send my admiration to Bert. I had the same problem with my 8-32 tractor. After reading your thread and studying Rick's jpegs, Bert's diagrams, I was able to secure that elusive bolt on the traction pivot bracket and voila! I have resistance from the clutch pedal and the belt is now secure. I will mow my lawn for the first time tomorrow morning and I'm doing it in honor of the awesome guys on this thread.:thumbsup:

Threads
I also must send my admiration to Bert. I had the same problem with my 8-32 tractor. After reading your thread and studying Rick's jpegs, Bert's diagrams, I was able to secure that elusive bolt on the traction pivot bracket and voila! I have resistance from the clutch pedal and the belt is now secure. I will mow my lawn for the first time tomorrow morning and I'm doing it in honor of the awesome guys on this thread.:thumbsup:

That's very cool New Guy! Yes, that's right the "elusive bolt" that's exactly what it is once the nut falls off of the bolt. I'm glad it was a help to you and probably saved you some time and a little grief. :thumbsup:

Jake8580

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've also been scratching my head over this exact same problem to which now I have the solution. Thank you both.

Threads
Very nice to here this Jake! Thanks for sharing this. It makes me feel good that this thread is helping and possibly saving others some time and frustration trying to figure this problem out.

Catamount

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just wanted to thank you folks for this thread. It saved me a lot of time and frustration!

MEJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also had the same problem. Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Once I realized the bolt was one of the engine mount bolts everything went fine.

Oscar Bravo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to the posting here I knew where to start. It turned out it was bolt 11 that was loose. Took me 10 minutes to figure out.Also let me add I used a car jack to lift up the back end, saved me from draining gas and oil