Bad Bad Boy Experience

Atsandan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All! Great forum y'all have here.

Need thoughts on a problem. I just purchased a 2015 BadBoy XP 61". With only 7 hours on the mower the drive belt for the hydraulics snapped. The AD where I purchased the mower fixed that but not without a fight. They wanted to charge me to come pick the mower up since I didn't have a trailer yet. They actually tried selling me a trailer but bought someplace else. Either way I asked them to adjust the tracking while they had the mower to fix the belt. With the control arms pushed all the way forward on level ground the mower will track 27 yards to the left in 100 yards of forward travel. They lied to me and said it was fixed but it wasn't. I called BadBoy and they tried telling me how to adjust the tracking which never worked. Am I be unreasonable in thinking that I should not have to put a wrench on a mower that's costs that much with less than 10 hours of use?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not unreasonable at all.
The mower should be delivered to you steering true and it is part of the predelivery that the dealer obviously did not do.
In 30 yards o firm level ground you ar supposed to be able to go foreword & back ending up within 1 yard of your original starting position.
I have a few pieces of tubing that I slip over the bars to make sure they are being pulled / pushed evenly.
Just like a car, a mower that does not steer strait is dangerous , gees where is Ralph Nadar when you need him ?
Send them a letter telling them you are not happy, you believe the vehicle is dangerous and will be launching legal action should they not rectify the problem.
OTOH they can charge you whatever they like for pick up & delivery so you could end up being skinned regardless.
The big boys are all about 20Km to 40 km from here and some charge $ 90.00 each way for mower pick ups & deliveries, hence the name, Berts Mobile.