hydro oil

Nutcase2be

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interesting enough my dealer advised me NOT to use M1 syn oil. He said it does not contain enough zinc and the trans needed a high zinc oil. He recommended Amsoil. Don't know what to think about it just passing along what I was told by a dealer. I have done some research and understand what he is saying, just not sure what to think about it.:confused2: Thinking to much hurts my little brain. :laughing:

Kremeneon

Threads
Interesting enough my dealer advised me NOT to use M1 syn oil. He said it does not contain enough zinc and the trans needed a high zinc oil. He recommended Amsoil. Don't know what to think about it just passing along what I was told by a dealer. I have done some research and understand what he is saying, just not sure what to think about it.:confused2: Thinking to much hurts my little brain. :laughing:

I use the SL rated M1 high mileage in everything I own. I has more Zinc ( ZDDP / Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphate ) which is the critical component for metal to metal protection.

gundog

Threads
I use Mobile One 15W-50 Mobil One 15W which I verified thru Hustler that it would be OK to use. -50 does have more zinc than lesser viscosity oils and will be just fine. If not for the differende in cost I would certainly use Amsoil but being that one of my Hustlers is the Super Z HD and takes 12 quarts, I filled it with the Mobile One 15W-50 as specifed by the factory. For my FastTrak Mobile 20W-50 is recommended but I checked with the factory and was told Mobile 15W-50 would be just fine.

LarryJ00

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to the forums and I'll take the advice on this thread and get some Mobil 1.
My dealer is a distance away and I wonder if there is an online source to buy a hydraulic filter? I have a Hustler X one.

thanks in advance for any replies

Nutcase2be

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, question for those who are using the M1 15w50. Is that a conventional oil, or synthetic?

gundog

Threads
The Mobile One 15W-50 is what is legally called a full synthetic but it is not a 100 percent synthetic oil. It is what is referred to as a hydro cracked oil made from a group III base oil which is very good. It is not made from a PAO or Ester based oil and therefor not 100 percent synthetic. It does however have the properties and advantage of a pure synthetic and is an excellent oil that can be found at a very reasonable price and therefor is what I use in my Hustler super Z HD for the hydro which takes 12 quarts of oil.

Needshelp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a Hustler Raptor SD and only mowed once and also noticed the Hydro oil level empty in the overflow and wanted to add some. My dealer is closed until Monday so I stopped and got some Valvoline Full Synthetic Syn Power SAE20W-50 Motor Oil. Is this okay/good to use?

turboawd

Threads
I just got a Hustler Raptor SD and only mowed once and also noticed the Hydro oil level empty in the overflow and wanted to add some. My dealer is closed until Monday so I stopped and got some Valvoline Full Synthetic Syn Power SAE20W-50 Motor Oil. Is this okay/good to use?

yes. you'll also notice a cold fill line on side of resorvoir.