Is there a best tire pressure

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The best tire pressure is that which keeps the tire from breaking off of the rim and rolling the mower on you when you go beyond the recommended slope angle of your mower.

DK35vince

Threads
I run 8 PSI front and rear for smoother ride.

Jefferey

Threads
Thanks guys
I am also going to be adding flex forks as well.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're getting scuffs it's usually because you're spinning around on the inside tire. Like someone else mentioned you need to rotate one tire forward and one tire backwards. Basically as soon as the inside tire stalls you need to get it rotating backwards by pulling the stick on that side backwards. I know this may sound silly, but pretend you're pushing a heavy shopping cart where you have to pull back on one side and push on the other to turn.

Jefferey

Threads

TonyPrin

Threads
Tire pressure can have an impact on riding comfort and engine stress but I doubt if changing pressure within an acceptable range will have a meaningful impact on pulling grass. My suggestion is to take a holistic approach by avoiding damp/wet conditions and finding a pattern that minimizes turns. One thought on patterns is to mow in circles rather than parallel lines. Another is to swing wide in your turns (going over already mowed areas) rather than making tight turns even though your mower is capable of making them.

sidemouse

Threads
When you have as many tires as I do those fun little guessing games get old quick.
Like when I'm miles away from home and a tire is suddenly low on air, how much psi goes in it again?
Maybe I should keep charts everywhere listing what the truck takes, the trailer, the motorcycle, the car, the tow dolly, the ztr's, the walk-behinds too?
I wouldn't want to forget how tire pressure affects wear and tear and comfort and handling and all of that because it's never a simple equation.
So how much air goes in what tire again?
There's always the rear-tine tiller and the wheelbarrow and the boat trailer, too.
Says it right on the sidewall of the tire: whatever the max.psi.
Simple and done.

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, Max Tire pressure is printed on tire sidewalls. But running max is not recommended, like on my truck, tires say 45 psi Max, but inside drivers door is a decal stating my tires run at 35 psi Cold checking.

Once tires get hotter tire pressures increase, so running max cold, leaves no room for heat-expansion.

My Cycle tires run 36 psi cold.

My Zero 12 psi rear, 22 F

Etc, etc. IMO, whatever the Max psi says on tire sidewall, I would go less than that by about 10% or your best judgement.

sidemouse

Threads
True, Max Tire pressure is printed on tire sidewalls. But running max is not recommended, like on my truck, tires say 45 psi Max, but inside drivers door is a decal stating my tires run at 35 psi Cold checking.

Once tires get hotter tire pressures increase, so running max cold, leaves no room for heat-expansion.

My Cycle tires run 36 psi cold.

My Zero 12 psi rear, 22 F

Etc, etc. IMO, whatever the Max psi says on tire sidewall, I would go less than that by about 10% or your best judgement.

What I was getting at, not sure how it could have been missed but...
Max.psi sidewall is for those people who don't have time for playing games.