Flat Free Tires

KJINTF

Threads
typo - my fingers went to 12 when they should have gone to 6 and I try to preview my post before I send it out on it's way - O" well mistakes do indeed get made. Will not be the last one I make

No I have not had the problem he is speaking of
However mine is only 2 months old w/ 4 hours on the clock and is / will always be stored in a climate controlled barn. Those tires are semi pneumatic so maybe they could develop a flat stop if stored for a long period - Hope not to have that problem in three years

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I make mistakes too - not human if you don't ! :laughing:
The only problem I had on the mower casters with the Ventrac was grass getting between the tire and rim and then a leak :frown: - solved that with the solid (foam) smooth flat free tires - no problems since ! :thumbsup:

KJINTF

Threads
Must be high grass to get between the tire and rim, mowing a field?
Once finished mowing I have been blow cleaning all the clippings and getting the machine up on the hoist to grease things, Might be a bit overkill each time

Attachments

• DSC03389.jpg
    DSC03389.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 12

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, it was only when I did deep grass or rough areas, but would always get the flat at the worst time. It required removing the wheel from the caster assembly, breaking the beads, cleaning inside rim, reseating the tire bead, and remounting -- usually all when I was in a hurry to finish. I could have tried tubes in the tires, but have not had a problem since I put the Flat-Free tires on.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The foam filled 'flat free' tires will get a flat spot, but will roll it out after a while... Block it up to take the weight off the tires if you can...
After many years they will tend to get a bit shorter and eventually the side walls will fail right at the bead, not all will have that problem, but enough will that it's annoying... You will have many years of trouble free tires... :smile:KennyV

bones66

Threads
Semi-pneumatic??? was used a couple of times in this thread. Is the semi-pneumatic part of this the type of foam used? Kind of like most foam with air pockets through out.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I understand correctly, the term is used because part of the tire is filled with air, but there is no way to adjust that pressure. The tread and side walls are much thicker and should not puncture.

npdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
the Kubota Z's use the Carlisile 15x6.00-6 Reliance Simi-Pneumatic and yes it does flat spot

OldFart

Forum Newbie
Threads
My tires will get a flat spot over the winter, or even the cold parts of mow season, spring /fall, they don't 'warm up' when the mower is used, even then the grass at my house is not putting green smooth, so, i don't feel it, Tires getting holes has been a problem for a long time, have looked at and been around several types of products to help, from class 8 trucks to scag mower, are some tire stores that sell a Gel, they remove most of the air and Fill the tire with gel that cures over night, it add a good amount of mass inside the tire, takes away almost all flex in tire, not good for a road unit, ran a Massey Ferguson with front tires gel filled, Never had a flat after that,the sales demo on that stuff used a sawzal to cut a section of the tire out, the rest of the tire kept its shape, the extra mass wasn't a problem or the lack of flex in tire. I wont get the tire gel or flat free on my mower cause i run em low on air to help with ride.
If I was a Pro mower I would look into flat free tire or gel filled,fixing flats on a busy day of mowing would be bad, maybe a greater evil than the "ruff" ride. gel filled or flat free seems like a have to for those that get a lot of flats.
after this i am off to look into(google) flat free tires
For what its worth, the front tires lasted 14 yrs on my scag until sidewall rot made me buy 2 new fronts, still on those Huge back tires at near 16 yrs. i do wish my scag had that glyde ride or that my 5 acres was smooth

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
4 PLY tires with inner tubes , the way to go !