Naked ladies welcoming me

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I paid my laptop about 1500$. A good Dell laptop would be about 800-1000$. I have the piece of mind of not having viruses and these computers last a long time. We have more than one including 2 of about 8 years old. Just my thought.

Isn't CCleaner for PC only?

No you can get it for Mac also. Scroll to the bottom of the page look under Need more Ifo.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
When it comes to computers they are way over my head. I can only do the simple things so I can get by with a 300 dollar Dell just fine. Its like someone buying a weed eater 1 mower or a commercial mower they both do the same job.

Doesn't make any difference how much they cost or if they do the same job or not, like your mower needing oil changes every 50 hrs your computer needs maintenance much the same way to keep it running good. You should set up a Defragmentation schedule on your computer. CCleaner is a free download and is easy and can be done at anytime and only takes a couple of minutes.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The same principles to purchase price Vs quality & longevity apply to computers as does to lawn mowers.
You get no more than you pay for but a high priced does not necessarily mean a quality machine.
If you are running Microsloth softwear on a mac then you are just a vunerable to most malwear as a PC user.
If you want to avoid 99,9999999% of computer criminals run linux on your mac and no Microsloth applications.
Better still by going that method you can use open source sharewear which if you pay the paltry $1- to $ 50 bost developers ask you get never ending unlimited support and free upgrades.

Go into your history and delete it do the same thing with the cashe.
Open up your bookmarks / favourites and go through every one, one at a time every one that comes up wrong, delete it then manually navigate to the desired web page, make sure it is real & not a Ghosting or Spoof page then remake the book mark.

If you are running mac OS then set up a new administrators account then change your account to a std user.
From the administrators account, set your account prefferences to "simple finder".
That way nothing you do in normal use can alter any application and more important , no web site you may have accidentally can do anything to any application on your computer so t makes it really hard for a sit to install any type of malwear on your machine .
Never ever type in the administrators name & password into the computer when you are using your account.
If you get pop ups ( I have them blocked ) telling you yu need to update an application, never ever under any circumstances click on it.
Log out as yourself, log in as the administrator, go to the real website for that application and check / download the update from there.
This applies 10 times over for Flash & Java updates.
Turn off any auto update facilities that you have running and run the updater manually from the administrators account.
Regularly disconnect ( pull out the cord ) from the internet

Also like lawn mowers computers require some maintenance.
Defraging the hard drive is not as important as it used to be when drives had slow read/write speeds.
Rebuilding the directory is important as is repairing the permissions on macs.
Pay the extra and buy your security / maintenance soft wear on disc, never ever download it from the web, even from a site that you know to be real there are a lot of sites that spoof the real site and get between the real site & your computer so you are talking to the crooks who are pretending to be you and connected to the real web site.

Sent to you from a G5 mac tower 13 years ols & still cutting a fine lawn.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The same principles to purchase price Vs quality & longevity apply to computers as does to lawn mowers.
You get no more than you pay for but a high priced does not necessarily mean a quality machine.
If you are running Microsloth softwear on a mac then you are just a vunerable to most malwear as a PC user.
If you want to avoid 99,9999999% of computer criminals run linux on your mac and no Microsloth applications.
Better still by going that method you can use open source sharewear which if you pay the paltry $1- to $ 50 bost developers ask you get never ending unlimited support and free upgrades.

Go into your history and delete it do the same thing with the cashe.
Open up your bookmarks / favourites and go through every one, one at a time every one that comes up wrong, delete it then manually navigate to the desired web page, make sure it is real & not a Ghosting or Spoof page then remake the book mark.

If you are running mac OS then set up a new administrators account then change your account to a std user.
From the administrators account, set your account prefferences to "simple finder".
That way nothing you do in normal use can alter any application and more important , no web site you may have accidentally can do anything to any application on your computer so t makes it really hard for a sit to install any type of malwear on your machine .
Never ever type in the administrators name & password into the computer when you are using your account.
If you get pop ups ( I have them blocked ) telling you yu need to update an application, never ever under any circumstances click on it.
Log out as yourself, log in as the administrator, go to the real website for that application and check / download the update from there.
This applies 10 times over for Flash & Java updates.
Turn off any auto update facilities that you have running and run the updater manually from the administrators account.
Regularly disconnect ( pull out the cord ) from the internet

Also like lawn mowers computers require some maintenance.
Defraging the hard drive is not as important as it used to be when drives had slow read/write speeds.
Rebuilding the directory is important as is repairing the permissions on macs.
Pay the extra and buy your security / maintenance soft wear on disc, never ever download it from the web, even from a site that you know to be real there are a lot of sites that spoof the real site and get between the real site & your computer so you are talking to the crooks who are pretending to be you and connected to the real web site.

Sent to you from a G5 mac tower 13 years ols & still cutting a fine lawn.

He doesn't need to go to all the trouble of going to all those areas and doing all you said, CCleaner does all that and more and takes about 30 seconds to a minute to dump Temp Files, History cookies and more it even dumps your recycle bin. If you use the CCleaner then do the optimization or Defragmentation which takes just minutes you'll have your computer working faster in a matter of a few minutes.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
He doesn't need to go to all the trouble of going to all those areas and doing all you said, CCleaner does all that and more and takes about 30 seconds to a minute to dump Temp Files, History cookies and more it even dumps your recycle bin. If you use the CCleaner then do the optimization or Defragmentation which takes just minutes you'll have your computer working faster in a matter of a few minutes.

Relying on any third party to maintain your computer is akin to dropping you mower off for repair, picking back up again and never asking the mechanic what was wrong & why it happened.
While there is nothing instringically wrong with applications like CC Cleaner, any thing that is used large scale becomes a target for criminals, ego maniacks & manipulation by the application owners themselves.
Which is why Microsloth products ar the most often hacked, because there are more of them out there and macs get fewer because they are a smaller target.

Remember when the largest virus protection company a the time, Norton ( I think it was ) was found guilty of distributing mal wear in order to boost the sales of their "fixes" thus Semantic got Norton for a song.
Applications like CC Cleaner fixing your computer is like changing your bent blades but not removing to rocks you continually run over which bend the blades.
Doing all that I posted, not only replaces the bent blades but removes the rocks from the lawn itself preventing further blade bending, till more rocks are uncovered.

All commercial computer fixing softwear do almost nothing to prevent future infections other than to send you a warning that you need to spend more to all the time to be safe, when with a few simple procedures you can set yourself up substantially more securely with out relying on something you don't understand or know about magically doing a job on your computer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Relying on any third party to maintain your computer is akin to dropping you mower off for repair, picking back up again and never asking the mechanic what was wrong & why it happened.
While there is nothing instringically wrong with applications like CC Cleaner, any thing that is used large scale becomes a target for criminals, ego maniacks & manipulation by the application owners themselves.
Which is why Microsloth products ar the most often hacked, because there are more of them out there and macs get fewer because they are a smaller target.

Remember when the largest virus protection company a the time, Norton ( I think it was ) was found guilty of distributing mal wear in order to boost the sales of their "fixes" thus Semantic got Norton for a song.
Applications like CC Cleaner fixing your computer is like changing your bent blades but not removing to rocks you continually run over which bend the blades.
Doing all that I posted, not only replaces the bent blades but removes the rocks from the lawn itself preventing further blade bending, till more rocks are uncovered.

All commercial computer fixing softwear do almost nothing to prevent future infections other than to send you a warning that you need to spend more to all the time to be safe, when with a few simple procedures you can set yourself up substantially more securely with out relying on something you don't understand or know about magically doing a job on your computer.

And thanks for the mention of cookies.
Cookies need to be dumped but make sure that you have a record of all the settings farthings, like this forum because it like most others save your prefferences and settings in a cookie.
A cookie can automatically cause the computer to go to a different web site than the one you typed into your browser.

Also if you are on a lot of forums/ groups ( like this one ) browse them on the web rather than taking the lazy option & having emails sent to you.
Most forum softwear simply redirects whatever gets sent in to every one on the list who is getting emails then it cashes a copy onto its server.
The copy it saves is a clean copy free from any nasties where as the copy it sends to you may or may not be cleaned before it is redistributed.

The security of free forums and in particular the free forum web hosts is extremely poor to say the least ans a lot of them actually mine the address books of every one who joins, if you let them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
While there is nothing instringically wrong with applications like CC Cleaner, any thing that is used large scale becomes a target for criminals, ego maniac's & manipulation by the application owners themselves.
Which is why Microsoft products ar the most often hacked, because there are more of them out there and macs get fewer because they are a smaller target.

All commercial computer fixing software do almost nothing to prevent future infections other than to send you a warning that you need to spend more to all the time to be safe, when with a few simple procedures you can set yourself up substantially more securely with out relying on something you don't understand or know about magically doing a job on your computer.

You really sound paranoid, a target for criminals, ego maniac's & manipulation by the application owners :confused2: I've also used Norton for years and never had an Issue with a virus, I tried McAfee but didn't really care for it and it's CCleaner and it does work very well. I mean really if you don't want to use CCleaner that's your privilege, I just suggested it so others could try it and use it if they wish. It saves me a lot of time. I just went to CCleaner and it did a computer analysis and removed over 700 files in like seconds.

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to admit when it comes computers if its maintenance I am like the person that never changes their oil. I have to pay someone to go over it sometimes when I start getting a lot of pop ups (200 dollars) and I just bought McAfee for it (65.00 dollars). This is the reason when I start having too many problems I buy another cheap dell computer. What ever I do know about a computer I have learned by experimenting on my own. I have no idea what you are even talking about with words like CCleaner, cookies, defragmentation. This is one of the reasons you wouldn't get many pictures from me because I just don't know how. I have been told about MAC but also they tell me I would have to learn how to use it because it different then the Dell. I do find computers are a little on the pricy side but they sure gives me a lot of entertainment for the money.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to admit when it comes computers if its maintenance I am like the person that never changes their oil. I have to pay someone to go over it sometimes when I start getting a lot of pop ups (200 dollars) and I just bought McAfee for it (65.00 dollars). This is the reason when I start having too many problems I buy another cheap dell computer. What ever I do know about a computer I have learned by experimenting on my own. I have no idea what you are even talking about with words like CCleaner, cookies, defragmentation. This is one of the reasons you wouldn't get many pictures from me because I just don't know how. I have been told about MAC but also they tell me I would have to learn how to use it because it different then the Dell. I do find computers are a little on the pricy side but they sure gives me a lot of entertainment for the money.

Well CCleaner if you go to this site https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner you can download and use to clean up all the unnecessary crap that has been stored on your computer that is effecting it performance. You can find the defragmentation controls to defrag your computer in the control panel under system and security in the administrative tools section. Click on the De-fragment your hard drive the just click on the defragment disk button. If you have never used it, it may take some time because your computer/ hard drive will be a mess. Once you do those two things or at least run the defragmentation you computer's effectiveness or efficiency will improve greatly.

You really need to download the free version of CCleaner. CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thankyou for all the input guys. I didn't want to start an argumentation here.
I will look at that CCleaner.