zero turn cub cadet

jpl

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawnmower, a 60 inch cut zero turn mower wont mow, mater-of-fact it wont move either. I was mowing and it just died, It will start run but when i try to engage the deck it will die or when i take the brake off to drive it it will die. I think it has something to do with the safety switches but they seem to be OK as I checked them with a ohm meter and looks good as far as i can tell. It has one switch under the seat and lift the seat and there is one that the brake and leavers operate. I have tried disconnecting the seat and it doesn't change anything. HELP ME!!!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have tried disconnecting the seat and it doesn't change anything.

When you disconnected that seat switch... did you replace the switch with a shunt??
The operator present switch has to be shorted ,f it is open it will not work... :smile:KennyV

jpl

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you disconnected that seat switch... did you replace the switch with a shunt??
The operator present switch has to be shorted ,f it is open it will not work... :smile:KennyV

Hi KennyV, I found the problem yesterday evening, It has a relay (NXCEC 0 332 204 150 12V 30A) that is located under the panel that has the speed and choke controls, the relay was bad. What this relay does is it is activated by the safety switches whitch then disables everything. By removing the relay everything works. Just opposite of the way I was thinking, I removed it and purchased another by the way an auto parts store had it for ten bucks where the dealers price was around thirty dollars.
Thanks JPL

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...relay (NXCEC 0 332 204 150 12V 30A) that is located under the panel that has the speed and choke controls, the relay was bad. What this relay does is it is activated by the safety switches whitch then disables everything.
....by the way an auto parts store had it for ten bucks where the dealers price was around thirty dollars.
Thanks JPL

Good to hear your going again...
Yes, several have gone to a safety disable relay... it another way to remove the voltage drop problem associated with having all the switches in the starter solenoid coil circuit...

a lot of relays are common DPDT or SPST type used in different applications, good find... :smile:KennyV