Belt keeps coming off

Tomster

Threads
Whether it makes sense or not...it's HIS money to do with what he pleases! I made a BAD decision last year on my XOne and can't afford to take the hit on trade that I would. IF I could afford it I wouldn't even be posting this because the XOne would be GONE and either a Ferris or Bad Boy would be in the garage waiting to mow!

Whether it's an ATV, boat or mower internet forum, I just hate it when a guy gets derided for wanting to do "something" and the keyboard heroes blast him. IT'S NOT YOUR MONEY SO STFU!

Sorry for the rant......

I said that didn't make sense and you told me to STFU? Ok, you did call me a keyboard hero so that's a positive, right?

1striper1

Threads
I said that didn't make sense and you told me to STFU? Ok, you did call me a keyboard hero so that's a positive, right?

Stop while you're behind. Have a nice day! :)

Oldschool1959

Threads
Update, Mower was repaired with new belt and adjusted the pully. Now it no longer shakes like Little Richard when I engage the blades and its running perfectly, so far. I was told it came off because of cutting a yard with gumballs, so who really knows. It may have picked up one along the way. So anyway right not other than needing to buy some Gator Blades I am happy! And I paid $174.50 for the belt, labor and adjusting the pully.

Rail5042

Threads
What pulley did they adjust. I thought it was just a spring loaded slide.

PVHIII

Threads
I owned the standard model Raptor for a lil over a month... After my 4th trip to the shop I received a refund and was told by my dealer that he was gonna do away with the Raptor line because he was having so many complaints/issues with them... I'm now a proud owner of a REAL MOWER..Fastrak SD...these Raptor mowers ain't worth the wood crate their shipped in...JMO

PVHIII

Threads
As a matter of fact my mom in law has one she hates and would probably sell pretty cheap.

mmclane2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone... I'm new to group but I read this forum thread and seems like good place to post my issue. I have a 52" Raptor (I think its a 2012 or 2013). I purchased used about a month ago, and it mowed GREAT several times on my 1.5 acre property. Then while mowing couple days ago the pump belt came off. After some tinkering (and cussing...) I figured out how to put back on. Mowed for about 5 more minutes and it slipped off again. I put on again, same result. I examined the belt, no significant problems, tears, etc. So, I did some research and and decided to buy a 50" belt (which is 3/4" less circumference than factory belt). I put it on and it mowed great for about 15 minutes, then slipped off again!! I put on and tightened the tension pulley spring... its very tight now.... but it slipped off about 2 minutes later after mowing. Very frustrated, but don't want to take into a dealer for a belt issue that I SHOULD be able to figure out. any guidance out there? I'd like to be able to fix this myself and not take to dealer. Thank you.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update, Mower was repaired with new belt and adjusted the pully. Now it no longer shakes like Little Richard when I engage the blades and its running perfectly, so far. I was told it came off because of cutting a yard with gumballs, so who really knows. It may have picked up one along the way. So anyway right not other than needing to buy some Gator Blades I am happy! And I paid $174.50 for the belt, labor and adjusting the pully.

What is a "gumball"? Is that a slang name for some type of tree seed or nut?

Surely not a gumball......