Hustler Fastrak Mower Kill issue

destro

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Mini Fastrak 36/42. The mower would start very well, but each time I try to engage the control arms to move forward, the mower would kill. The same thing would happen when I try to engage the blades. If I continue to play with both the control arm and the blades, sometimes I can move forward to cut grass. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be causing this problem????

Edit / Delete Edit Post Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Manuals scroll down & click on fastrak service manual, see troubleshooting section. Check connections at all safety switches.

hustler54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a bad connection at the seat switch or the switch itself.

MRCo.

Threads
Easy. Bad seat safety switch. Jump it by removing the connectors and putting a fuse in there. Everything should work. If so, replace the switch.

Jhall14

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Mini Fastrak 36/42. The mower would start very well, but each time I try to engage the control arms to move forward, the mower would kill. The same thing would happen when I try to engage the blades. If I continue to play with both the control arm and the blades, sometimes I can move forward to cut grass. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be causing this problem????

Edit / Delete Edit Post Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Same problem I had. My problem was a bad relay ( I replaced both )

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sound more like a loose connection in the seat switch circuit as both the kill relay and fuel solenoid must be powered for the engine to run.

When sitting there with both lap bars are out in neutral position and PTO switch is off both the kill relay and fuel solenoid recieves 12V via that circuit path which parallels the seat switch circuit. Once either one of the lap bars is pulled inbound or the PTO is switched on then the mower's kill relay and fuel solenoid depends solely on the seat switch circuit to power them.

BTW these seat switch do tend to burn their internal contacts as they are no really meant to have large currents going thru them. Very common here to replace them when 12v is ran through them.