Primer Problem

Otto

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is a Craftmans. Briggs-6.0 H.P. Self-propelled- Model 122K02-0577-E1. I just installed a new Carburetor. It starts, and runs good. I also installed a new primer [hole in primer from Man.] I also cleaned the hole in the primer going to the Carb. But the primer does not work. Why would the primer not work? I know how to put gas in the spark plug hole ,if need be. I know I can make it without the primer, but this bugs me, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The gasket between the carb and air cleaner housing didn't seal and therefore is not pushing air into the carb. try tightening the air cleaner housing bolts a little more or double gasket the air filter housing to the carb

jeff

Threads
I agree with the last post except for the double gasket. A new gasket is very inexpensive. Also, there may be a chunk of aluminum blocking the passage in the carb or a piece of plastic shaving blocking the passage from the primer to the carb body. Easy fix with carb cleaner and a little air pressure. Just spray both passages and then blow em dry.

CajunCub

Threads
Check the fuel lines, if you crossed them up by accident it would not work.

jeff

Threads
Cajun,
This is a Briggs according to the post and I have never seen more than one fuel line on them since I started repairing them in 1979