Big Dog Alpha MP

rplc882

Forum Newbie
Threads
Figured I would ask here about a Big Dog mower since they are an off spin of Hustler. Any one own one? Looking at the above model that my local distributor (both Hustler and Big Dog) recommends as comparable to the Hustler Raptor SD. Says that for the money it is better value. Any thoughts? Thanks

MRCo.

Threads
Alpha MP and Raptor SD are basically the same. The AMP I think gives you a nicer standard seat and engine guard, but costs a few hundred extra retail...so value for money is the same in my eyes if you value the extra features at the extra amount of money.

chevitz

Threads
Figured I would ask here about a Big Dog mower since they are an off spin of Hustler. Any one own one? Looking at the above model that my local distributor (both Hustler and Big Dog) recommends as comparable to the Hustler Raptor SD. Says that for the money it is better value. Any thoughts? Thanks

I think they are basically the same, I do believe they have different mower decks, and the big dog has lights, engine guard and a nicer seat.

Grass Whisper

Threads
I looked at the Alpha MP 54. I went back and fourth between the Hustler Raptor SD and Alpha MP. There are some differences that I picked up on. The Alpha MP is red with black rims and a different seat. The Hustler SD is yellow and silver rims with a different seat. I went with the Hustler SD because I thought yellow and silver rims looked better. I also felt like the seat had no support with the Alpha or the Hustler. I up graded the seat from the 60inch model from hustler for a bit more.

In addition a black seat is just too hot for me.

And the lights on the Alpha MP, does anyone cut grass at night? Really interesting to me. I would think a mouthful of bugs at night would just not work!

If you are happy with your BigDog Alpha MP, I'm happy for you too. It looks cool, and looks mean! ;)