Raptor SD Rack

akcooper9

Threads
Ealier this month I picked up a 15 gallon sprayer with a broad cast wand to spray the 2+ acres of coast Bermuda grass we have. The directions stated that it will spray a 14ft swatch at 36" high.

Anyways, armed with a stick of steel, abrasive saw and welder, I built a rack above the engine. Here is the final product minus paint. Still trying to decide if I want to go with Yellow or Black for paint.

I built it so I can remove it as need be. It does not get in the way of the air filter, oil filter or throttle cables.

2015-03-10%2018.09.52_zpseeg6qw2i.jpg

2015-03-10%2018.09.40_zpscjgk2mum.jpg

LoCo86

Threads
Ealier this month I picked up a 15 gallon sprayer with a broad cast wand to spray the 2+ acres of coast Bermuda grass we have. The directions stated that it will spray a 14ft swatch at 36" high. Anyways, armed with a stick of steel, abrasive saw and welder, I built a rack above the engine. Here is the final product minus paint. Still trying to decide if I want to go with Yellow or Black for paint. I built it so I can remove it as need be. It does not get in the way of the air filter, oil filter or throttle cables.

Nice work. I'd go with black.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Black would look good.
And very nice job building the rack.

MRCo.

Threads
Nice work.

Lemme just make mention, if you ever had an overheat failure in your engine, Kawi would balk at a warranty claim if they saw how close you are putting an obstruction to the air induction area. Just FYI.

Grandaddy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Raptor SD 60" and have been searching for some kind of tool attachment/accessory that will allow me to carry a tool bag, pump sprayer, etc. I prefer something that would attach to the back of the mower that would not obstruct the engine. I saw a new Snapper zero turn yesterday that has an attachment like I'm talking about. It looked sort of like a cargo carrier on some customer golf carts. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

akcooper9

Threads
I have a Hustler Raptor SD 60" and have been searching for some kind of tool attachment/accessory that will allow me to carry a tool bag, pump sprayer, etc. I prefer something that would attach to the back of the mower that would not obstruct the engine. I saw a new Snapper zero turn yesterday that has an attachment like I'm talking about. It looked sort of like a cargo carrier on some customer golf carts. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

I've not seen something 'sold' for the raptor but here is an updated picture of my rack. It has been on the mower full time. I have had zero issues in the heat of summer here in Texas (think 100+ degree days). These racks should be a factory option.

2015-03-28%2010.21.34_zpssioelvqc.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only problem with fitting racks over the engine is they make removing the blower housing difficult.
So no one bothers to remove the blower housing to clean out the cooling fins, till it's too late..

No problem with the rack as an accessory but it needs to be far enough away as not to block access to the engine for servicing and of course removing the blower housing.

akcooper9

Threads
Only problem with fitting racks over the engine is they make removing the blower housing difficult.
So no one bothers to remove the blower housing to clean out the cooling fins, till it's too late..

No problem with the rack as an accessory but it needs to be far enough away as not to block access to the engine for servicing and of course removing the blower housing.

I can have the rack off in 5 minutes to clean the cooling fins. In fact thats part of my annual maintenance.