Blade Grinder/Sharpener

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Just want to tell any Lawn Care Professionals looking into getting a new blade grinder.

For the past 6 years I have been using a Magna Matic. They are so worth the money, if you have a lot of blades to sharpen. I ordered mine with the stand, balancer, and shop vac hook-up.

What a difference! If you don't know this, very seldom are new blades balanced. Keeping them balanced will save your spindle bearings and it reduces vibration and noise. It sharpens fast and doesn't take a lot out of ya to sit their and sharpen a bunch.

Had a wall grinder before this, No comparison
Hand grinder in the old days, that was work!

Attachments

• My Magna Matic.jpg
    My Magna Matic.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I was just reading some past post about mower blade grinders. Magna Matic was mentioned.
Yes, these are very expensive. If you make a living by cutting grass, not so much for what the Magna Matic will save you long term. I repeate, "New Blades" does not = balance blades, 5 out of a 100 might be close to balanced on a good day. To get a set of new blades that are all balanced, Not Likely.

I never really noticed the vibration and noise caused from unbalanced blades until I got my Magna Matic. I thought that was the norm until I felt and heard my mowers run after getting this system. I purchased the Magna Matic initially because I just wanted a quicker solution to sharpen my blades. I got so much more!!!! Magna Matic should send me a check for this post.:laughing: