• Bag

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Mulch

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bag during wet season and mulch when dry season.

bt3

Threads
Grass clippings are free fertilizer so I mulch. Also, with the technology and advances of mulching blades in the past 30 years, there is no need for me to even think about bagging 99 percent of the time. With a Ninja blade on my Snapper, I can even mulch leaves to the the point would never know I had leaves on the lawn..... within reason. Here is the 1% exception. If the leaves are 5" thick, you can't expect miracles. In that case, I mulch the leaves as best I can and then bag them. That's the only time I remove the chute plug on my Snapper. With a heavily wooded lot, the key is to stay on top of the leaf drop without letting it build up too thick, this way you can just keep mulching.

The Gator Blades are not bad for mulching, but IMO they are not what they used to be quality wise. 15 or 20 years ago, they were seriously heavy duty blades. Now, they look 1/2 the quality of what they used to be, if that. Everything changes, but still the advances in blade design for mulching have been very good.

1striper1

Threads
Mulch all mowing season. Bag the leaves only with deck raised all the way up.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mulch if possible. Quite often it's to long to mulch efficiently. Or pine needles or leaves on lawn. Pine needles fall all year long and create acidic soil if mulched

wyobiomass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bag all season,
We compact & package our clippings and after they have fermented into lawn clipping silage we sell them to area farmers as cattle feed. The pesticides that were applied to the turf breakdown and degrade making it safe to feed. We earn around $20,000 extra cash each year from 230 tons. Makes momma happy, has allow me to surprise her with a new camper, boat or trip. super-sacks.jpg

AllenPKang

Threads
The answer is that most of the time you should mulch the grass when you mow.