Bagging grass

Mr.Turf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, just curious as to whether or not you would buy something that would allow you to bag grass faster. Thanks!

Arwing64

Threads
Hello Mr. Turf,

This depends on what type of mower you are using.

For a push mower, there is actually an attachment that allows you to bag your grass clippings in a much larger bag, making you not having to dump as often.
See this link for more details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRl_JOmf0WA

For a Riding mower or zero turn, depending on the maker and model, there are bagging attachemtns, usually in twin or three baggers.
However, a faster way to do this is to get a leaf vacuum. They are a towable attachment with it's own engine where it sucks up, shreds, and stores grass clippings and leaves. The tube hooks on to the main discharge shoot on the mower deck. You will not have to dump the grass nearly as often. I would recommend getting one by DR Power Equipment. Their products are absolutely outstanding.

Threads
I would bet the large bagger shown in that video says something about only being used to vacuum up DRY LEAVES. Because when I try to bag grass, with my NORMAL sized catcher, the bag can get very heavy. I feel if you doubled the size of the bag and used it for grass it would make it too heavy for the mower to pull, as well as too heavy for you to take off. But for dry leaves, yes it would come in handy because the mower bag fills up quick with leaves.