walker dies out

ringo8

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 2003 md walker.it ran fine for a month but now dies out now and then when mowing.everything just stops can restart straight away sometimes or have to wait a few second.when it did it yesterday lost power to dash and ghs chute stopped oscillating.all help much appreciated.

ringo8

Forum Newbie
Threads
So turned out 7 amp circ breaker was shot and pto micro switch had a crook wire and was arking out on body all good now.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
So turned out 7 amp circ breaker was shot and pto micro switch had a crook wire and was arking out on body all good now.

Good job, pat yourself on the back, thanks for posting back with fix.

Globi

Threads

Hello ringo8,

I just bought a 1997 MDD GHS Walker mower on the main land and have here in Tassie now. It had a few smaller issues (mainly caused by neglect and shonky repairs) which took me about a week to sort out. A few days ago it started cutting out intermittently (and starting again immediately) and I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. I hope that I find a similar or the same problem you had... will keep you posted.

Cheers Globi (Peter Huber)

Globi

Threads
In the end it turned out to be a faulty earth wire to the fuel shut off solenoid, which made the fuel solenoid drop out whenever the fan reversed (drawing more current).... It still did it after I cleaned the plug contacts and the connectors of the earth supply on the body near the bottom of the battery (not a brilliant spot to get at).
I first unplugged the solenoid and connected it to another battery to see if that would fix the problem and to confirm that the solenoid wasn't faulty: and it worked! I then piggybacked another earth wire to the black one on the solenoid (on the solenoid side of the connecting plug) to a good earth on the body which fixed it. Only took 3 days of stuffing around !!!