How to Change the Battery on a Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower Model: 917.376536

pjm2532

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to Change the Battery on a Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower Model: 917.376536
I am attempting to change the battery on my Craftsman rotary lawn mower with electric start. The battery is hidden somewhere, I believe, in the rear deck area. How do I get at the battery to change it. There is no information online on how to do this cha:thumbdown:nge out.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / How to Change the Battery on a Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower Model: 917.376536
Look under the rear bag cover.

de dee

Threads

FBMBoomer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am attempting to change the battery on my Craftsman rotary lawn mower with electric start. The battery is hidden somewhere, I believe, in the rear deck area. How do I get at the battery to change it. There is no information online on how to do this cha:thumbdown:nge out.

I have this same mower. I lifted the rear spring loaded cover. I held it in place with a screwdriver pushed through a hole near the top left of the mower. I then removed three black screws that held on a plastic cover inside the mowing chamber. This plastic part falls away with the battery. The battery just unplugs. You can put it back with the new battery and power cord that comes with it. I did not replace the power cord. I am saving it to make my own starter system. I will keep a tractor battery in my garage hooked to an auto battery charger. I will just plug in the mower to this setup and having a lot more cranking power and time to get it started. As you know, there is no generator in this mower to keep the battery charged, You must plug it in each time after using the mower. I want my tractor battery sitting in the garage with that auto charger keeping it topped off for me without needing my attention. I like this mower except for the lack of a built in charger and a manual choke. These type of mowers are now costly and it is worth your time to keep it repaired.