Briggs and Stratton engine - Brute 500 Lawn Mower

Al7mm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs and Stratton engine - Brute 500 Lawn Mower
My wife cut the grass using last years gas. Lawnmower ran OK then ran out of fuel. She put fresh fuel in and it wouldn't restart. I got it started but it was missing and had power insufficient to cut grass. I took off the gas tank including the gas intake hose. I blew out the hose with compressed air (never saw any dirt) and reassembled . Wouldn't start...I took off and cleaned air filter and put a little gas into the "bowl" and lawnmower started but shut down when the gas I put in was gone. I repeated this and the same issue:thumbdown:. Any idea what the problem may be. I am not mechanically inclined but can follow directions. Please help, my grass is getting very long. Thanks
Al

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Al:
In the float bowl ..
check the needle & seat ... it sounds as though it's plugged up or stuck closed...
With the bowl removed and the float hanging down, gas should freely flow from the tank when the fuel is on... :smile:KennyV
BTW... Welcome to LMF

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello AI7mm! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum.com!! :smile:

I moved this post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Section for your convenience. You will get a better response there. :wink:

Thanks for joining!