Votes: 10 66.7%
  • reel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mts63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone,

I'm conducting research for a startup company interested in manufacturing new, innovative products in the lawn care industry. I would greatly appreciate it if you answered a few questions for me over a couple of threads. Thanks so much!

What Kind of mower do you use?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once again a stupid question.
People on a residential block will have a push / Sp mower + a trimmer
People on bigger blocks will have a push / Sp + trimmer + ride on
People on bigger blocks still might even have an adittional slasher / roughing mower

I have customers who use a reel on the front lawn , rotary on the back house lawn and ride on the rest of the acerage.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey everyone,

I'm conducting research for a start-up company interested in manufacturing new, innovative products in the lawn care industry. I would greatly appreciate it if you answered a few questions for me over a couple of threads. Thanks so much!

What Kind of mower do you use?

I don't think your question is stupid. In today's market I don't think the size of a mower necessarily depends on where you live, how much property you own or if your a residential owner or not. I know plenty of residential owners with far less than a quarter acre of property that mow with 36" to 48" Zero Turn Mowers, That's why they make the Toro Time-cutter or the Hustler Raptor and those type of residential mowers. It basically comes down to how much time an individual has or is willing to spend on there lawn-care and how much money there willing to spend on a mower or if they would rather hire a lawn care professional as so many do and that's where people like myself and many others here on the forum come into play.

As far as buying a product that is eco-friendly? I don't think I'd be interested not that I'm not interested in the environment, I just have to take the time thing into consideration. I personally mow my lawn with a 48" Toro Z-Master Mower that I also use in the business along with a couple of other mowers I use in the business.

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Geeezz Bert, little tough on the NEW GUY ! ........ No question is STUPID ! People are stupid for not trying to help those seeking answers , Get rid of those " ugly-pills " from reading your posts , I think your a helluva nice guy . ......... boobala:cool:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well if he wants to come clean & tell us what he is really trying to find out he might get a bit further.
Every contractor on his site and that is probably nearly 1/4 of us will have at least a couple of ride ons and a couple of push mowers.
Those who do fine lawns might even have a reel or two abiet most likley 72" with a couple of wings but the question only allows one mower type.
Some one who reallt wanted to know would have done it differently.
Like % time you use a reel mower with a few buttons from always to never.
Then the same question for push mower and a little more specific, push as in no engine or push as in rotary, self propelled ?
The questions being asked the way they are will yield no useful results unless of course the answers are already known and some one just wants some numbers to prove their theory.
Then there is the type of lawn.
Some very fine grasses can only be cut by reel mowers while other clumping or vigerious stalky grasses can not be cut with a reel.

And I am not trying to be nasty or aggressive but the poll as posted is a nonsense.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well if he wants to come clean & tell us what he is really trying to find out he might get a bit further.
Every contractor on his site and that is probably nearly 1/4 of us will have at least a couple of ride ons and a couple of push mowers.
Those who do fine lawns might even have a reel or two abiet most likley 72" with a couple of wings but the question only allows one mower type.
Some one who reallt wanted to know would have done it differently.
Like % time you use a reel mower with a few buttons from always to never.
Then the same question for push mower and a little more specific, push as in no engine or push as in rotary, self propelled ?
The questions being asked the way they are will yield no useful results unless of course the answers are already known and some one just wants some numbers to prove their theory.
Then there is the type of lawn.
Some very fine grasses can only be cut by reel mowers while other clumping or vigerious stalky grasses can not be cut with a reel.

And I am not trying to be nasty or aggressive but the poll as posted is a nonsense.

I agree with Boobala, there's no stupid questions. People are stupid for not trying to help those seeking answers. What you think is nonsense and the op thinks is nonsense are two different things. Apparently there are some others that also don't believe his questions are nonsense because some have voted on the poll and have tried answered his questions.

mts63

Forum Newbie
Threads
At this point in my research I don't need to know specifics about your lawn mower just generalizations. I'm also trying to get to know the people on this forum a little better.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seeing I hate mowing grass, I use a 61 in Ferris pro cut rider so I can get it done fast. Much rather be repairing mowers then running one. Mowing my lawn cost me money, repairing mowers I make money.