WORX Cordless Robotic Lawn Mower for under $1000

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
He must have "money to burn" I sure can think of better ways / things to drop a "Grand" on !! .. :rolleyes:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
The McCulloch looks very similar to it's Husqvarna counterpart. And since McCulloch is part of the Husqvarna company that makes sense. I've seen way more long term reviews from the Husqvarna auto mowers and most have been favorable so that's the way I'd go.

the Worx has a wider selection of cutting heights - McC max height is 2", and the Worx has a rain sensor, lacking in the McC.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are lots of people who consider mowing a chore.
At $ 10 / hr ( min US wage ? ) the unit pays for itself time wise in 100 hours or about 3 mowing seasons.
These robot mowers are better for the grass health wise than a person on a mower.
!) they do not compress the soil or grass
2) they cut a tiny amount off the top of the grass every day or so.
3) the clippings are all mulched finely back into the grass with no clumping that creates habitat for nasty bugs or leads to stinky anerobic bacteria
4) prevent any weeds seeding except a few prostrate ones like bindi, & Starr grass.

Threads
not only that, it's a 'haphazard' (if not truly random) cutting path, yes, it 'feels' very disorganized , but, it can operate unattended and even at night. Kinda irksome to think about how often it may be running over places it has just mowed! still, people who have successfully managed to set them up properly seemed pleased with them.

They can be a bit frustrating to watch.

On the other hand, much of the point of a robot mower is to use that time to do something more productive, so I don't get too hung up on it really.

The randomized mow path does leave a very clean look. No lines of mulch or crosshatching; a very carpet-like appearance. Good for the grass too! Mine looks healthier in winter than my neighbor's does in summer.