question on a snowblower

corvairbob

Threads
i got a poulan pro 270 snowblower a few weeks ago. so far it seems like a good machine. it does bog down in deep snow but so far has not stalled. although i have stopped forward movement at the few times it bogged down to the point it seemed like it was going to stall. anyway my questions are these

has anyone found a way to keep the snow out of the drive so it will not stop forward movement? mine does this and then after a short time it start moving again. i had a sears that did this and i was able to fill the gap with silicone but on the poulan that area is much wider. this summer i will figure something out unless you have a cure i can do now.
and is the a way to make it so when i shift it it does not yank the shifter out of my hands?

also do they make a cab that fits better than a universal cab? i put a universal cab on my sears and it gave me problems all the time i have to make a lot of updates and mods to it so it would not fall of the machine.

and i would like a power chute direction motor installed on it do they make one for it or does anyone make a motor that will retro fit on this machine? the deflector is fine i like the gate it locks into my sears did not have way to hold the deflector.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Honda Snow Blowers and Snow Throwers These are just examples, please do not feel offended. As with any piece of equipment before purchasing a person needs to research thoroughly and read reviews. I fully understand some equipment is out of our price range thus we have to go with a less expensive unit, which is entirely ok. I want to encourage you as well as everyone else that reads this to look at purchasing from a dealer vs. retail stores, taking your time researching equipment dealers have along with plenty of patience. A good dealer will give you excellent service and not over charge you for maintenance. Research dealers in your area by reading reviews, etc. Thanks mechanicmark.

corvairbob

Threads
Honda Snow Blowers and Snow Throwers These are just examples, please do not feel offended. As with any piece of equipment before purchasing a person needs to research thoroughly and read reviews. I fully understand some equipment is out of our price range thus we have to go with a less expensive unit, which is entirely ok. I want to encourage you as well as everyone else that reads this to look at purchasing from a dealer vs. retail stores, taking your time researching equipment dealers have along with plenty of patience. A good dealer will give you excellent service and not over charge you for maintenance. Research dealers in your area by reading reviews, etc. Thanks mechanicmark.

i don't know where yo live but in our area dealers rape you every chance they get. go in for a part it costs 4 times what you get it for online and just do it your self. maybe it your area it is different. and if you like the honda then go for it. i like the one i got just asking if other has similar issues. and i bet hondas have just as many issues. if they were so good then i would not see a lot of then around here on craigs list. but thanks for the ideas and the links to valuble information.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
i don't know where yo live but in our area dealers rape you every chance they get. go in for a part it costs 4 times what you get it for online and just do it your self. maybe it your area it is different. and if you like the honda then go for it. i like the one i got just asking if other has similar issues. and i bet hondas have just as many issues. if they were so good then i would not see a lot of then around here on craigs list. but thanks for the ideas and the links to valuble information.

Your quite welcome.

corvairbob

Threads
i did find a cure for the gas tank refilling problem i had. on my machine and other new machines they now like to put the tank on the engine at the top. will they way the gas cap is situated it took forever to refill it. so i drilled extra holes around the top at the same level the one they put in the tank. now i can refill it and don't have to wait for the gas to settle down do to the poor venting. if you do this have the tank full and if possible hold a magnet next to the bit as it is drilling to catch the chips. the tank does have a screen in it to catch them but might as well catch them before they fall. i put 3 extra holes the tank a bit larger than the original one i used the next size drill. a full tank will prevent the chance of explosion doubt the drill will make a spark but a stray spark will not do more then start a flame you can put out by covering it or just putting the cap back on. an empty tank could be more dangerous. but if you insist on an empty tank fill it with argon nitrogen or even exhaust from a running engine and hose nearby but anyway it works like a champ. good luck