Which? Toro Super Recycler B&S (20029) or Kohler (20099)

wjm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Which? Toro Super Recycler B&S (20029) or Kohler (20099)
Trying to decide on whether to buy the Toro Super Recycler with the Briggs & Stratton engine or spend $40 extra and get the Kohler engine.

Was wondering if anyone who has the Kohler is having any problems with them? I'm assuming that the Briggs is the steady-eddie of the group.

CajunCub

Threads
Let us all take up an "offering" for our dear brother in need of $40.oo :biggrin: Enough said!

wjm

Forum Newbie
Threads
The price is negligible to me. I was leaning towards the Kohler but have been reading a bit around the net that folks are having problems with these.

Could be nothing, but I'd rather ask first.

LandN

Threads
Trying to decide on whether to buy the Toro Super Recycler with the Briggs & Stratton engine or spend $40 extra and get the Kohler engine.

Was wondering if anyone who has the Kohler is having any problems with them? I'm assuming that the Briggs is the steady-eddie of the group.

I have the toro with the briggs and haven't had any engine issues with it so far in 2 years,including it falling off the trailer and breaking everything else except the engine:confused2::mad:my wife still uses it as her 'go to' mower.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I think my avatar says it all. My mower is fairly new, so I can't comment on the longevity but I love it. Generally starts with one pull cold or hot. I did the same poll as you (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/2024-kohler-briggs-strattion.html?pagenumber=) and I think it came back like 8 out of 10 said buy the Kohler, 1 said B&S and one guy said he liked the 2 cylinder Kohler engine on his welder. If you haven't had it before, you'll really like the personal pace. Even got the girlfriend to try it; she was amazed how easy the mower was to handle.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kohler engine... well worth the 40...
not that the B&S is bad... :smile:KennyV

jackm

Forum Newbie
Threads

I have recycler with Kohler and absolutely would NOT recommend. After less than a mowing season, the mower will not start without cleaning carb, checking/cleaning plug, spraying carb over and over, then crossing fingers. Get the B & S