D110 project(s)

bricooper78

Threads
Well I've finally put the order in for a snow blade for this little D110, and I needed to drop the deck (actually I don't believe it's a must, but saves some weight, I'm fat... and it'll gain some ground clearance, and I need to sharpen the blades,etc) and get the front bumper back off it so I can get the mount fitted.

BUT, why oh why would I do something, without "extra needed accessory mods"?? Good question, I'm NOT just adding a blade without needed accessory mods!

Step 1. Add a small ($20 at the walmart) yellow strobe for the butt-end so hopefully I don't get
(1) Ran over in the street plowing in front of the house and/or
(2) Ticketed for slow moving equipment without safety warning devices on the road. We have to have flags on mopeds around here, so I'm guessing this thing may need some form of a brake/running light or at least red rear facing light, and something to indicate it's slow moving and to watch out for it.

Anyways, pics ahoy!

Here's the deck on the floor of the barely larger than the mower shed it lives in. I couldn't figure out how to get the stupid PTO wire off.

PIctured there. it's easy. grab the rubber part and PULL BACK TOWARDS YOU, then the cable only slips out of that little channel. Took me a good 10 minutes of trying to find an explanation in the manual, or online, nothing.

That weird anged brass looking bar that connects to the front edge of the deck will come out towards the front of the mower, you just have to TETRIS it through the hole. And cuss a little bit.

FREEDOM!!
Look how dirty that is. geesh I shouldn't have taken pics of that lol

There's the light. Cig plug with a switch. Cheap, easy. Actually has white LEDS inside, dunno why they didn't do yellow, as yellow LEDS would've been brighter through the lens, lenses filter the colors except for the color of the lens, so I'm not sure of why they made that choice, but it's their baby, and it's bright enough for what I'm going to do I'm sure.

Okay, so all I did was used a quick connect (3M) on a powerline after the fuse that sits next to the battery, so it would be fused with the rest of the mower. Faster, easier than doing an "add a fuse" IMO. Same basic result. And I'm kind of thinking I'm going to add some rear "running" lights, so I'll be replacing this wire over the summer anyway.
I used the ground side of the battery, just made a little jumper. Here again, once I figure out the rear lights, I'll devise a better plan. This works great for all I need right now.
Used that little bracket bolt to hold on the $7 add a cig plug from O'reilly, and hooked up the 2 wires. Ran the plug and wire from the light down the hole under the seat, fished it along the underside, brought it back up under the hood and plugged it in. All I have to do is open the hood, tap the switch, and then head off pushing snow, hopefully without cussing at it too much!

bricooper78

Threads
Made another post because I didn't want to lose all of that nonesense by having too many pics in 1 post. This little booger fired up again after not seeing the light of day in 3 months!

Testing, this is how good my phone's camera is lol

They're like half-lit

Full-lit ! That is amazing that I caught LEDS half lit lol (Yes, that is the only reason I posted those pics)

I'll save you the video clip hahaha, but I'll probably just stick it behind the seat, it should be seen from both sides and behind alright. And it's not much draw at all, but I'm going to change the headlights over to 1156 CREE LEDS to lower draw on them, which will also give me enough space to use a strip of red LED across the back to come on with the headlights, acting as the rear running lights.

Anyway, that's the start, as I do other stuff, I'll post up. And hopefully this snow duty doesn't kill my little mower!!!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good idea on the LED light!
That deck needs a good cleaning!!!

bricooper78

Threads
The entire machine needs a good cleaning!!!! So dirty, shed is out by the alley. Ugh.

Hopefully a strip of red LED will act enough as a rear "marker" or "brake" light that I'll be alright. I have a busybody neighbor who has nothing else to do but call the PD on every little thing she can find to complain about, and I want my bases covered lol hopefully this does it.

Next pics will be the new LED headlight bulbs when they get here I suppose :D

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is going to be one bright mower!

Almost a Police mower ahahaha

bricooper78

Threads
lol imagine if I just wax it! the reflections may be blinding!

I got discouraging news on the blade, so I'm either going to have to order it online or, just pick up a used tractor with a blade on it already from CL... I'm really tired of shoveling, and apparently february is going to be the snow season this year... so the quest continues

bricooper78

Threads

Welp...... it's on there. 8 degrees, unheated, no electricity having shed. so I gave up on it for the night, I'll get the chains on in the morning and start attempting to bury it belly deep in the yard lol

bricooper78

Threads
Houston, the SNOW HAS A PROBLEM!! (Imagine a bunch of dancing graphics here, please)

Got the pair of bolts I was missing from the kit, and the B20020 JD Blade is up and operational!

Honestly, I figured I'd be pushing it back in the shed from here. Chains on, a couple "insurance bungees", and I thought "here goes my next failure"

and on down the hill she rocked and rolled! Drug the axle in snow, that slowed it down, but she would NOT STOP! Making the turn onto the sidewalk was sketchy, but once I got it hooked right, game on!

That was the end of the 1st pass, I lost one of the pins on the hinge deck somehow, and I saw it, and hit it anyways because it didn't register what it was until it was gone. So, stopped here, and dug, couldn't find it. Off to the farm store! Photo Op!

Got that all straight, and off to the races for another couple passes. I have NEVER touched tire chains, or anything with a plow before this. Every single thing I did today was a first. So, I did the neighbor's driveway first to practice, see how it was going to work lol

Got to the end of the 3rd pass, and it was only 10 degrees, but the sun was warm enough it was bare concrete! YAAAAAAY!!!!

Aaaaand for my next trick, I'll push the car up the street! lol

Our street doesn't get much help from the city, and it's slightly uphill. In both directions. So I usually have to HAND SHOVEL parking area for 3 cars, because this thing needs a run to get rolling. Well, even though my neighbors suck more than I'll trouble you all with, I have from the back of that green car to the end of the block clear! Did like 150ft!!! No more clog behind where we park resulting in a massive ice lake!!!!!

This thing has FAR EXCEEDED my expecations. I didn't expect half the job this did. I am completely sold on having one of these things, and figuring out what else it can do!

So anyone wondering if this little mower is right for you, here's what I'm using it for.... and that pic isn't great but that's the flatter side of my yard, the other side is a bigger hill, and I'm a big ol' 270-pounder at time of typing... I used chains only, no weights. 5 years, only 52 hours on it now, but it has been such a back and time saver. I am in love with this little machine!!!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That plow seems to be doing a good job!