D110 project(s)

bricooper78

Threads
Yea, it did really great!

BUT............

Ta-da-ah-da-daaaaaa!!!!

The horse flooring is in!!! I'll be doing this sunday, so I can drag it around on dry pavement and try to break it in!

DOUBLE BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not all!

The new LED headlight bulbs got here!!! They have a 7w CREE front firing LED, and 12 SMD bulbs radially mounted to "fill out the reflector assembly" . These seem to be just as bright as the 1156 bulbs I'm replacing, but much MUCH whiter light. Scattered pattern a little, but it's plenty of light considering this tops out at 5.5 mph lol

Pics Cooper, We Want PICS! Okay-->

Oh, side note, this is my Hannibal Lector style shed, that's a LED worklight with a magnet stuck to one of the metal things you attach roof truss to (yes, I have absolutely no idea what it's called lol)

bricooper78

Threads
Rubber blade update!!

As I said, no prior experience... but the metal OEM blade "skipped" or "lifted" or whatever you want to call it across packed snow or ice. I feel it's more a matter of lack of weight on the blade to push into that stuff. But this dude ain't no backhoe (God do I only wish lol) and so I accept that. it is what it is and does good as far as I'm concerned.

So, the rubber mat was finally put on today! Woot woot! It was 57x7 IIRC, so I just used the OEM wear bar for sizing width, and left it the entire 7" tall. I'll either flip, or oval out the holes some to lower it as it wears, I'll decide later. Also think the extra weight of the rubber might marginally help the snow pushing experience.

Made a template for the holes with the OEM bar, drilled a few holes, presto! Side note--I had to buy 2" carriage bolts, 1 1/2" were out at the Farm&Home somehow... and I'm sure they would've been more than enough, 2" is certainly overkill but it's what is available.

---Notice what I screwed up anyone?---
So, I used this side "out" due to the horizontal lines, thinking they may help to nab a little more snow and/or help keep it pushing forward... although it's wishful thinking I think.
I took it up and down the sidewalk. Hop-hop-hop-hop it went, so I backed up a little bit, and then forward, then pushed some curb crud tighter up to the curb, and a little more from the neighbor's drive.. I think it's been scuffed up enough now. I also flipped over the skids, and repainted them and the OEM blade just to keep them from rusting away.

The side view, I'm thinking the ribbing MIGHT help a little.

I got it to back up the ramp into the shed, only to realize having to go in nose first is okay, the blade takes up almost the entire doorway! I tried and tried to back in and couldn't with snow on the ramps, but nose in first is going to work better anyhow.

Got some sweeeeeeeeet "One wheel peel" from the chain on the pavement lol

Okay, got another pic of the bulb installed. They look cool IMO.

I also dug around the F&H for a 3/4" shank toggle switch to replace the RIO that I disabled right after warranty was up. Going to use it for the switch to light the little baby up at night with some blinking yellow LED so hopefully I don't get ran over at night in the street lol

Gonna go in that hole right there!

So, rear red LED will be next, then I'll get a flasher unit and decide what to hook up to it to make this sucker flash like a NASCAR pace car lol

bricooper78

Threads
I have a small update

those bulbs are REAAALLLLY bright. They're reflecting off the stop sign 300ft away. And I had a guy stop and tell me they were blinding him when he was driving by and looked at them.

so let's assume night time visibility won't be an issue :laughing:

but one of the little radially mounted LED bulbs is flickering/strobe lighting. so i emailed the place about that. other than that it's good.

the rubber must have got the corner/edge wore down a little, because this last time, it was making bare concrete in 2 passes, and that was over asphalt street, and not all that level concrete sidewalk, so I decided to push the alley.

hadn't pushed the alley yet, so there was 5 or 6" of snow back there, up and down hill, pushed like, well idk... but it did really well! no gravel getting drug out into the street, didn't get stuck, I am really impressed!

Considering I have 360 bucks for the blade, 20 for the strip of horse mat, 20 for the little blinking light and about 8 in the new headlights, I'm lightyears ahead of spending 1400 on a blower, and I'm not getting snow blown back on me. And it's working just fine!

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Always a good thing to get things done at a cheaper price.

bricooper78

Threads
I'd like to thank Photobucket for bombing on me, so all the pictures are gone. I deleted the account. I am still using that same horsemat, and have not adjusted it, the corners haven't even gotten noticeably ground up, and I do almost all the plowing at an angle. It leaves a bit of a line on the edge now, but this is the beginning of year 3 using it. I'm sure a trip across it with an orbital sander will straighten (or make more crooked) that bottom up quickly.

Also, I'm digging around for flashers on the rear and sides, so it's going to look like a DOT tractor after it warms back up hahaha