Threads
  • / It's not a Lawn-Boy, but still thought it was worth a mention. Flymo
WOW!!!!

That thing is so cool!!!!!

Franchi

d_sharier

Threads
Then engine on this in a Tecumseh. You should be able to look up the air filter number using the engine i.d. number. There are are two styles. This one has a remote mounted filter. It is up on the handle. Some have a normal filter attached to the carburetor.

jfpointer

Threads
Then engine on this in a Tecumseh. You should be able to look up the air filter number using the engine i.d. number. There are are two styles. This one has a remote mounted filter. It is up on the handle. Some have a normal filter attached to the carburetor.

Yeah, by "this" I meant the remote filter for the flymo, not whatever filter might fit that Tecumseh engine. There's no part number on the existing remote filter on my flymo, and all I can find are filters that fit the engine in other usage contexts. So I was hoping maybe you had found and could share a source for the little remote canister filter on the flymo, but seems like not. Thanks for the reply, though.

flymo.mulch

Threads
Well. I just acquired the same model Flymo mower as the original poster ($25 off Craigslist) so I need to resurrect this thread, with some info and a question.

The mower has two air filters, a relatively normal foam filter, oval in shape, that goes in a housing attached to the carb. The second filter is a "snorkel" style filter, in a plastic canister attached to the mower handle, and connected to the oval filter housing via a flex tube and a plastic fitting. This uses a tubular metal / paper filter 6" long and 1.5" in diameter. I have tried to attach a pic, and hopefully that will come through OK. I don't see any part number on this filter, unfortunately.

So then the question, to the original poster - what carb rebuild kit was used, and where did you get it? Although I have spark, and the mower looks almost completely unused, I want to rebuild the carb before I try to run it. Thanks!

Flymo

Attachments

• snorkel filter2.jpg
    snorkel filter2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 18

d_sharier

Threads
It has been a while since I've worked on one of these, I will have to do some digging on the p/n for the air filter. If memory serves me, I think the air filter is very close to the Tecumseh cylinder filter. I believe that two of the older style Tecumseh filters, end to end are very close to the dementions. Not an OEM replacement but should work better than nothing. I belive that I do have an ipl and will still try and get a p/n. As far as the carb goes, this engine had a Tecumseh diaphragm style carb. The same that are used on Toro s200 - s620 snowblowers. The carb kits are readily available. I'll try and add that p/n as well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I realize I'm dredging up a fairly old thread, but I'm wondering if you've found a source for the air filter for this?

If you are getting desperate snorkels were fitted to every Australian made mower for around 60 years till MTD bought Rover & Briggs bought Victa.
So we have a lot of snorkel filter elements available down here
Rovers were 6" & 6 1/4" long, both are 1 & 5/8 OD with an ID of 7/8
GA Spares: Search Results: AIR124
GA Spares: Search Results: AIR1826
Victas are Shorter & fatter
Neither are encased .
Both come in packs of 5 , about $ 4.00 AU each

Stens also sell them down here part number 320-027 & 320-030
SO you might be able to get some from your local mower shop who stocks Stens parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is also a snorkel adapter that bolts directly on top of the B & S sprint carb ( replaces the original filter housing )

It has been dropped by two of the local aftermarket wholesalers but still listed by Stens as 320-034

jfpointer

Threads

flymo.mulch

Threads
Thanks - ordered the kit!

I'll also note that Mower Magic's site does say they ship internationally, and that one of the reviews was from a purchaser in August 2015, so presumably the filter is still available.

Flymo