Oil

Carheir

Threads
Can't find Kawasaki oil locally. What brands are you running in your kawa engines?

deamer1

Threads
Hello,
I haven't seen Kawa oil in my area for sometime, but I did receive six quarts of it from Home products (DR Mowers) last summer for a oil change on a Kawasaki 18 h.p. engine.

I normally use national brands on my engines and change oil as specifications call for it. I may not use the same oil all the time, I purchase it bulk when it's available at a good price. I use various weights as I have quite a few different tractors, mowers, other machinery, both gas and diesel. I keep a good supply. 30w, 10 w 30, 5 w 30, 15 w 40, 85, 90, straight 10 weight. I pretty much use what the manuals call for in each machine. :confused2:

Enjoy your week.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can't find Kawasaki oil locally. What brands are you running in your kawa engines?

Manufacturer branded oil is a massive con.
Ring the technical department of any oil blender and they will give you their oil which is either equivalent or even better.
Opti oil which is sold through most non franchise mower shops actually run a "double your engine warrantee scheme" which effectively puts to bed the branded oil is better argument.

Having said that, mower oil is better in your engine than car oil is when the mower is used domestically ( sit idle for 99% of the time ) as it contains a lot more corrosion inhibitors than car oil does . Oil for air cooled engines is different to oil for water cooled engines and Kawaka recommend the same oil for both.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just use any brand you like.
Change it every 50 hours even if you use synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just use any brand you like.
Change it every 50 hours even if you use synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Change it every 100 hours if you use a good synthetic oil like Ams oil. Agree to disagree

PVHIII

Threads
Royal Purple10W 30 in every engine I own.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My engines get whatever is cheeeep and slick with the appropriate SN letters. I've seen mower engines fail from a lack of oil but never because of the brand of oil. Currently Ranch Pro from Atwoods for $1.98/ QT.

Mowers have enough other things to be concerned with other than oil brands.

West

Forum Newbie
Threads
Costco: Chevron Supreme motor oil 10w40

cmw

Threads
I run the Rotella T6 5W40 full synthetic with good results. I used to run 10W30 conventional as specified by Kohler. It would consume oil and I would get significant smoking during heavy loading of the mower, especially in hot weather. Then I switched to the Rotella T6 based on some things I had read and I never add oil between changes and the smoke issue is no more. This says a lot to me about the oil's ability to handle stress and high heat in an air-cooled engine.

Conor