Cub Cadet not moving?

mower165

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 cub cadet sltx1054.The machine has 100 hours on it.I mow roughly three acres, most of thr property is flat with gradual small hills,couple spots have steeper inclines,that is whwere the problem comes in.wheni first got the machine brand new in 2009. i mowed for one season and it was fine.the second season first time out i was mowing up one of the steeper inclines and the machine felt as if the belt was slipping and as i stopped the machine i heard a loud thug and the machine freewheeled backwards on to my leachfeld and not in the creek.after inspection of machine i found one of the bigger tension springs for the drive belt laying on the deck.i took the mower deck off replaced the spring and nothing.would not move forwards or backwards.
I bought the machine at a home improvement store,so i decided to go and talk to my local dealer and see if he could help me out.i explained to him what was going on and he told me that he would be willing to look at it.he called me 2 days later and told me that the transmission was bad and needed to be replaced under warranty.(what made me wonder was that he told me he had been in buissnes for 14 years and never seen this before).so he replaced transmission and tractor seemed to be fine.i mowed with it once and it did the same thing 1 week later.steep incline,half way up,felt like it was slipping rolled back and came to a stop.i called dealer and told him what had happened and he couldnt beleive it.i took it back to him and he had it for the rest of the season.he called me and told me that it was the transmission again and needed to be replaced and had to order it.so long story short got it back just in time to snow throw with it.works perfect for that,not a problem all season.
my girlfriend mowed for the first time yesterday and didnt get a quarter done with the lawn and the machine popped a spring again and wont go no where.i am almost certain it is not the transmission,has anybody heard or know about this problem?

CajunCub

Threads
That is wild...Never heard that kind of problem. Take it to a different mower dealer and ask him to check and see if that transaxle has ever been changed, he can look at it and tell if is a replaced unit. I have seen dealers do some underhanded things before.

hatenmycub

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a 1050 with a tranny problem, won't move. Started with a loud metal grinding noise then stopped moving. Don't plan on paying to repair it. Dealer told me since it was a Cub - get use to it.

===David