A Real Dissapointment

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The zip is 73701 but I can guarantee you none of the dealers will know anything about a Safety Recall and possible repair at no charge.

Give me a list, I'll give all of them a call and do my best to remember their QUOTE and report back.

Step #1: Contact any of these dealers...they are all authorized to provide warranty/recall service for Honda generators:

P&K Equipment, Inc.
4121 N Hwy 81 Bypass
Enid, OK 73701
(580) 237-2304

Kinnunen Sales & Rentals, Inc.
609 W Purdue Ave
Enid, OK 73701-1851
(580) 237-4500

Atwoods Ranch & Home
5418 W Owen K Garriott Rd
Enid, OK 73703-6074
(580) 233-3700

Step #2: When they answer, speak with the service department. Tell them you have a Honda Generator than needs to be inspected for the Fuel Tube Safety Recall. It is Honda Generator Service Bulletin # 47 from October 2012. This is what the document looks like:

31025528555_0e3df7905c_o.png

Step #3:
Tell them you've been in contact with Honda, and they've advised you your EU2000i *is* part of the recall and has *NOT* yet been inspected.

Step #4: Confirm they will perform the inspection and repair if needed at no charge to you; ensure they will do no other work unless you authorize it in advance.

Step #5: If you have any trouble from any dealer on this issue, please contact Honda Customer Relations at (770) 497-6400.

Honda pays them to do this recall work, and when they file a warranty claim with Honda, the Honda internal system will be updated to show the recall work has been properly completed and your EU2000i is safe to use.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
senior, what a bummer...if using the choke a little helps , how does that point to leaking fuel from a clamp? The fuel mix is too lean to support ? A bad emulsion tube suggests the mixture should be rich, not lean as it is not getting additional air mix at the highr rpm? Or opposite too many holes in the emulsion tube , leaning the mix out which then requires the choke to help? Just comments and hope you solve this thing. Re the Chinese engine, good for them. But, Honda is more likely to have complied with emissions and that is not always so easy. Ever see the Bejing people with face masks on?

Senior, ya gotta hang in there! Yesterday, broad daylight, 10 minute haircut ( not many hairs), car stolen: parked, locked outside barber shop. :confused2:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Atwood's
Ugh, Ugh well, Uh, can you hang on a minute?

Sure

You'll need to contact Honda. They probably have an 800 number and they can tell you what to do.

Thank You

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kinnunen Sales and Rentals

Let me speak with the manager, hang on a minute. We are not an authorized service center but we can ship it to Stillwater, OK for service. Will you be bringing it in today as we have a truck scheduled to make that trip today?

No Sir, I won't be bringing it in today and thank you for your time.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
P&K Equipment, Inc.

P&K Equipment, how may I help you?

I'd like to speak to the service manager.

Hello, this is Scott.

I have a Honda eu2000i generator that's had a safety recall on a fuel tube. Can you folks take care of that warranty work?

I believe we can, just bring it in and drop it off. The east side of the building at service would be fine.

Thanks, I'll do that

I'll post back when this is done and hopefully it runs as well as it presently does since my independent mechanic cleaned the carb.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
senior, what a bummer...if using the choke a little helps , how does that point to leaking fuel from a clamp? The fuel mix is too lean to support ? A bad emulsion tube suggests the mixture should be rich, not lean as it is not getting additional air mix at the highr rpm? Or opposite too many holes in the emulsion tube , leaning the mix out which then requires the choke to help? Just comments and hope you solve this thing. Re the Chinese engine, good for them. But, Honda is more likely to have complied with emissions and that is not always so easy. Ever see the Bejing people with face masks on?

Senior, ya gotta hang in there! Yesterday, broad daylight, 10 minute haircut ( not many hairs), car stolen: parked, locked outside barber shop. :confused2:
Going to get a haircut as we speak and sure hope I have better luck. New tundra with a $1,000 Honda generator in the back. Wouldn't a thief like a deal like that but he would hope the law caught him before I did. If I got to him first he would be absent 1 finger when i was finished. I've always wanted to do that to a thief for the 1st offense. My Schrade SP3 is always razor sharp.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll post back when this is done and hopefully it runs as well as it presently does since my independent mechanic cleaned the carb.

Hang on, let's be clear about this...please understand Honda WILL pay for your generator to be inspected for a fuel tube leak safety issue, and make repairs at no charge. I can tell you any problem with the fuel tube clamp is NOT related to poor running or performance issues, unless the clamp has cut into the tube and the generator is leaking fuel.

Honda MAY NOT pay for repairs to correct poor running or performance issues, unless they are identified as a factory defect. Please be sure there's no misunderstanding here; I'm telling you only the fuel tube inspection is absolutely covered under warranty at this point. Any other problems must be evaluated by the dealer who will determine if they are warranty or not.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hang on, let's be clear about this...please understand Honda WILL pay for your generator to be inspected for a fuel tube leak safety issue, and make repairs at no charge. I can tell you any problem with the fuel tube clamp is NOT related to poor running or performance issues, unless the clamp has cut into the tube and the generator is leaking fuel.

Honda MAY NOT pay for repairs to correct poor running or performance issues, unless they are identified as a factory defect. Please be sure there's no misunderstanding here; I'm telling you only the fuel tube inspection is absolutely covered under warranty at this point. Any other problems must be evaluated by the dealer who will determine if they are warranty or not.
Yes, that was understood.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to the mechanic at P&K the black plug in the hole ( left center in the picture ) is an indication this recall had already been taken care of.

Strange as it may seem I'm thinking I probably don't want to know the full history of this generator.

Thanks all for your time, support, information and a special thanks to robert@honda.

Attachments

• Generator button 2016.JPG
    Generator button 2016.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 15

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to the mechanic at P&K the black plug in the hole ( left center in the picture ) is an indication this recall had already been taken care of.

He's correct; however, the serial-number-based record system here at Honda HQ indicated your EU2000i had not yet been inspected.

The good news it obviously has, and you have no worries about a possible fuel leak from a hose-clamp-cut fuel line!

I'll work to get the record for your serial number updated.