Super Z (BigDog Diablo x1060) or Xonei for residential accounts?

cell6ida

Threads
  • / Super Z (BigDog Diablo x1060) or Xonei for residential accounts?
I am in the process of starting a side lawn business again (I had one back in the 1990s). I have a 4 acre church property that I will be submitting a bid for next week. I know the Xonei and the SuperZ (actually the Big Dog Diablo x1060 35hp which is the same) will both handle this property. The Xonei will obviously handle it a little bit slower.

But I will probably be getting more upscale residential accounts than 4 acre properties. Yesterday I went to a local mower shop that had both the Xonei and a demo 8 hour Big Dog X1060 35hp that I tried out briefly. The Big Dog demo is being offered at a significant discount because they are trying to get rid of it. It is their last 2014 model. It is priced, out the door, about $1,400 more than the Xonei.

I have no problem paying the extra $1,400 for so much more of a machine. However the sales man actually steered me towards the Xonei for upscale residential lawns. He thinks the X1060 35 hp mower might be "too much mower" for upscale manicured lawns, even though it can bush hog like no one's business.

Both of these are 60"

What do you guys think?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am in the process of starting a side lawn business again (I had one back in the 1990s). I have a 4 acre church property that I will be submitting a bid for next week. I know the Xonei and the SuperZ (actually the Big Dog Diablo x1060 35hp which is the same) will both handle this property. The Xonei will obviously handle it a little bit slower.

But I will probably be getting more upscale residential accounts than 4 acre properties. Yesterday I went to a local mower shop that had both the Xonei and a demo 8 hour Big Dog X1060 35hp that I tried out briefly. The Big Dog demo is being offered at a significant discount because they are trying to get rid of it. It is their last 2014 model. It is priced, out the door, about $1,400 more than the Xonei.

I have no problem paying the extra $1,400 for so much more of a machine. However the sales man actually steered me towards the Xonei for upscale residential lawns. He thinks the X1060 35 hp mower might be "too much mower" for upscale manicured lawns, even though it can bush hog like no one's business.

Both of these are 60"

What do you guys think?

Unless you have some large lots I'd consider something a little smaller than a 60" for residential work. JMO

cell6ida

Threads
I have a 42" raptor also.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 42" raptor also.

Now this is just me talking but my primary mower that I would be using for the business would be the new mower I was purchasing and the raptor 42" would be my back up. If you expand the business and say end up with 40 or 50 lawns the raptor isn't going to last long, with those EZT drives doing that number of lawns on a weekly basis.
IMO for me anything larger than a 48" productivity wise is a waste of money for residential yards or work. The problem with the raptor 42" is it's not big enough to do things like the church thing you talked about and it's too big to get through 36" gates, but that's me and you know your situation and the size lots you'll be dealing with so go accordingly.

edd

Threads
I have a diablo and it is great for big places but not so great for smaller yards..........weighs over 1500 pounds

kennyplay

Forum Newbie
Threads
how did you make out with mower purchase? I have the Xonei myself

Tdciam

Forum Newbie
Threads
1st thing I did! I know not to stick my soft parts in fast spinning things!